heartburn BAD

So I'm 29 weeks and get really bad heart burn to the point where I think I'm going to vomit. Tums , water or milk will not help this. Anyone have any advice?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the exact same problem I'm 29+5 and I missed work yesterday cause it was soooooo bad all night and right through the day too
Helpful - 0
My doc says that regular doses of Zantac are fine.  But w/ my last pregnancy, I got it so bad that Zantac was doing NOTHING for me so my doc suggested Prilosec.  That worked wonders for me and I only had to take it once a day.  Never had reflux again the rest of my pregnancy after I started the Prilosec.  Good luck!!
Helpful - 0
I use baking soda. 1tsb to 8oz of water. Does wonders for me.
Helpful - 0
My doc okayed a half a zantac
Helpful - 0
I have GERDS and its really all about what u eat. If u eat small healthy meals u shouldnt be getting bad heartburn.. u can take prilosec its safe during pregnancy but there are special mommy to be teas and remedies ate your local organic produce stores or herb shops that do wonders. Don't eat anything high in acid or spicy foods obviously :) no fast food! No Mexican or Italian, nothing with tomato sauce, no oranges, melon fruits will not give u heartburn. Green veggies can reduce heartburn if u eat with din. Goodluck!
Helpful - 0
My dr gave me a rx i only take it when it starts making me want to throw up usually i can just deal with it but i have acid reflux on and off so im used to it :/
Helpful - 0
I am 23weeks and have had extremely terrible heartburn for about 2months now! I started out with Tums but they did NOTHING for me. My doctor recommended regular strength PepcidAC. It has been a life saver! I do need to remember to take it EVERY 12hours like clockwork if not it comes back :(
Helpful - 0
I am 37weeks and exactly the same!everytime i lay down it is worse.I do not think anything works....i have tried so much,I am just rideing it out but i wish ot would go away
Helpful - 0
Eat very small meals but more often. Keep away from very hot drinks and dont eat late in the day. I do feal for u i had it very bad to. This advice wont stop it altogether but should calm it down. Also see doc.
Helpful - 0
Talk to your doc
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.