help

I am pregnant I think I might be having a miscarraige I just used the bathroom and now I am bleeding the blood is really dark red
Lie down and don't move around, drink a lot of water and only get up to use the loo.  This might calm the uterus.  If you begin to fill a maxipad in an hour, or get dizzy, or feel feverish, go to the doctor or to the ER to be seen.  But if the bleeding is not that heavy and you otherwise feel fine, just stay down (on bed or couch) and keep hydrated.  Your goal is to calm uterine contractions.  A woman can bleed during pregnancy for other reasons besides miscarriage, and if it is for one of those other reasons, you might find the bleeding will stop after you quit walking around.  Rule of thumb is, get up 24 hours after the bleeding stops.

Besides the test of filling a maxipad in an hour, if you begin to gush heavily when you get up to use the bathroom and feel like you're dropping a lot of blood out at once (like a half cup or a cup), then that counts as filling a maxipad even if it did not go into a pad.
Thank you for that comment .... I hadnt bleed thru a whole pad yet.. I am feeling dizzy even when im sitting down.. im so scared this would be me and my husbands first im so worried
How far r u
Drink lots of water, and call the doctor or health line to ask for advice. If you're really worried, go to the hospital :( good luck.
I had an ecropic pregnancy beforeand a miscarraige.. I am seven weeks says the u/s but ir was inconclusive yhey seen a sac but jothinf inside im at the ER right now I hope everthing is ok
Let us know mama. I hope you and your baby are ok.
Hey I was told by my Dr when I was having cramps he said if your miscarrying you would have to have intense cramps which is unbearable and heavy bleeding then yes your losing the baby. But if it's just cramps or bleeding then you should be Ok. But if I were you I would ring Dr to check about the dark red. Try to relax
Call the dr....
So I was back in the ER lastnight I just got realease so thet did another ultrasound and still cant tell if its ectopic a miscarraige or whatever cause my levels have dropped im so worried I dont understand why they still cant tell im emotinally tired and distort so they wanted me to have a more invasive surgery or go home and let nature take its course and check my level evry two days or take that methotrexate drug im scared of all the above so im home now and plating the waiting game skmekne plz reapond I need some advice plz plz plz so scared
If your levels have dropped, that's typically not a good thing. Sorry.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.