high bp

Anyone with high bp? I have had normal bp all along ..only twice came out high but when I took second readings came out normal..should I be worried?
And I also have this leg pain running down my one leg making it difficult to walk around..iam 31 weeks
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
have high BP. My doctor was monitoring me for preeclampsia, but my blood work and all the other tests came back fine. So it's, luckily just high BP and I'm on meds for it now.
If your high BP is accompanied by swelling in the legs, hands or face, severe headaches, nausea, or changes in your vision tell your doctor right away.
And the leg pain you've described sounds like sciatica. The baby's just pinching a nerve near your tailbone. And it's unrelated to the high BP.
I hoe you feel better soon!
Helpful - 0
Thanks...have none of the other symptoms..just mild swelling in hand and feet...going again for a 2nd reading tomorrow. ..hope iy comes out fine
Helpful - 0
Don't stress but do take seriously I just had my son in April because of blood pressure. I was put on meds at 27-28 weeks and at 36 weeks it got crazy and had a csec at 37+3 because of it getting out of control. It can turn over night into something bad... Not to scare you but look it up and read about it so you know everything. My dr is awesome and was on it and I was going twice a week for it.
Helpful - 0
I had a high reading at my last appt and I was mad they never redid it despite knowing it was extremely high for me.... So I'm taking it myself 3x a day for my own peace of mind - good luck :)
Helpful - 0
I have high bp and go for nst twice a week at the hospital. Baby has been fine but each week meds increase in dose. Dr will induce at 37 weeks. Can't work. I'm 35 w 5 d. Ready for all the Dr visits to decrease.
Helpful - 0
High blood pressure and swelling can be signs of preeclampsia but it could also just be regular changes in your pregnancy. I would talk to your doctor if you notice that you are getting high bp readings. If you are feeling stressed right before you take you bp that can affect your numbers so take some deep breaths and clear your mind before taking it. If you see your doctor ask to test your urine for protein.
Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone for the info.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.