homr birth info.

Has anyone done a home birth ?, I need some experienced ladies stories about it and info . What are the finances ? What happens after the baby is born ?, do I go to the hospital afterwards ?, I just need some info . Of course I'll further my research. Just wondering if anyone experienced one. I'm really interested.
I'm in UK so can't help with info but I can say I had one with my 2nd and it was amazing. When your in your own home you relax more and the whole labour experience is totally different. I had 2 midwifes present they respected my home and tidied up after themselves.  If anything were to become a problem during labour they will call for help so it's not like your putting yourself and baby in any danger. I had to go to hospital later that day as it's standard here for a doc to check babies fully within in 1st 48 hrs and also for the vitamin k jab but was home in hour or so. Def look into having one i highly recommend.  I would be having a one again if i wasn't due in easter holidays and will have all 3 kids under my feet for 2 weeks. :)
I would say google will be you're best friend. I think they are cool, however if there were a severe emergency you wouldn't be at a hospital to receive any help.  Goodluck if you choose that route & I hope all goes well
Thank you ladies so much. And Hope all is well .
Be sure to check out your state laws. In Texas, it is illegal to plan a home birth. We have the option of birthing centers though. They are usually affiliated with a local hospital so that if you or baby need emergency care, you can be easily transported.
I actually live in TX, just moved here & thanks.
Do you think birthing centers will take insurance ?
In WA state birthing centers take insurance so I would assume they do in TX too.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.