Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

how to dry up breast milk?

I had my baby boy 5 days ago n i made the decision to bottle feed but my breast came in yesterday and my breasts really hurt. Is there anything i can do to dry up my breast milk? Ive tried cabbage leaves, ice packs n tylenol to relieve pain n swelling. Any other ideas?
They say to wear a tight bra don't pump at all. They also told me when u take a shower to scrub with soap. So thy dry out
Put cold cabbage leaves in your bra. Do that a few times a day for a few days, you'll dry up really quickly. Sounds crazy but it works.
Try and leave them alone as much as possible. Touching and warmth can make your body produce more milk. Take some medication like ibrophen which is an anti inflamitary to help with the pain of the swelling. Cool water only on them as hot water will again produce more milk. No pumping or anything should be done. Its so painful but after a few days the pain should ease x
You should try a soap named ZOTE this soap u will find in mexican stored its in a white wrapped plastic and the letters ZOTE r pink n the soap is pink too its nice big n rectangular thats wat my mom used to dry up her breast milk wen he was prego with my little brother you should try it
Just be careful, I would talk to your doctor about safe options. Some women can get blocked up and have to have surgery.
There is a certain tea that will help dry them up. It's made by earths angel. I know they sell it at babiesrus if you happen to live near one.
Wearing cabbage leaves in your bra works but its not instant!  It takes a few days.  There is no instant cure to dry up.  They used to give a shot in the hospital bfor u go home to dry up if u aren't going to bf.
Advil cold and sinus... or anything that has a pseudoephedrine..  the drying that it does in your nose and sinuses will also dry out your milk ducts.... I got sick after I had my daughter and was already losing my milk so I took that and it was gone... I was told by my doctor that if I was going to continue to BF that I couldnt take it
When I had my daughter and I bottle fed, the nurse at the hospital wrapped me boobs in a tight ace bandage,  me only you unwrap them to shower and then wrap them back up. The compression helps them to dry up.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.