im a ftm help moms who already have kids?

My daughter has a severe diaper rashno matter what I do it doesn't get better I am really starting to get worried and scared because I've tried everything I switched diapers and it got worse so I went back to Huggies the previous brand wAs parents choice I tried using balMex and it hurt het when I tried wiping it off so im using desitin now I change her diaper a few minutes ago and I saw It Has blisters nowI really do feel like a horrible mom I feel it's my fault that she has a rashI just want to sit and cry because everything I do doesn't helpI did switch her formula from Similac to Enfamil GentLeease and that's when I noticed it kinda was starting but it wasn't bad at all and it would gEt better slowly please help!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Call your pediatrician. Ask if it would be OK to use Bag Balm. It is sold at co ops or online.
Helpful - 0
Earth Mama Angel Baby has bottom balm and other products that can help heal.  Let baby have time with diaper off to get some air. And take deep breaths, you're not a failure!  It's going to be OK. Maybe just use wash cloths and warm water for a while as wipes, and try to see which diaper helps.
Helpful - 0
I would leave the diaper off for awhile yes u maybhave a little mess but her bottom needs to air out. But i would also call her pedatrician and get her in to be seen. Also dont use baby wipes use a warm wash cloth instead as wipes can burn and make it worse. U could also try using cloth diapers till her rash clears up and change her often to keep it dryn destin usually works really well but theres also ad ointment to use also use a paste not a cream. U could also use vasaline. But definitley call her dr and have her seen.
Helpful - 0
And yes check with pediatrician for ideas too!
Helpful - 0
Leave her naked at home w lots of blankets under to help clear it up or maybe even buy a couole cloth diapers to help
Helpful - 0
Check pictures of a yeast diaper rash and see if it looks like that
Helpful - 0
The best diaper rash cream for Several moms that I know have been Boudreaux's butt paste. It's a few dollars more expensive than some but it had worked when other brands didn't. But it definitely could be a combination of her diapers & food. Hope the little one gets better really soon
Helpful - 0
I experienced this at 5 weeks with my first. Call your pediatrician for an appointment ASAP.  Prescription meds are needed to clear it up. I was prescribed a combo of yeast cream, antibiotic cream and zinc oxide cream that I still use when I see signs of a rash, and she's almost 2. Initially they also put her on a dose of oral antibiotics. It will clear up, but you need your doctors help at this point. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Dr . Smith works really well.. but if not call ur doctor and get some meds.
Helpful - 0
My son was around 9 mos and had horrible rash from gastroenteritis and severe diarrhea. We got a cream called pinxav (pronounced pink salve) and it was the best thing. I think we had to ask for it at the pharmacy but didn't need a prescription. It worked wonders! Much better than desitin or aveno cream I had tried prior.
Helpful - 0
I always used and will continue to use A&D ointment and Pampers.  Those two are the best I feel.. every baby is different but it hasn't failed me yet... Goodluck mama...
Helpful - 0
What kind of wipes are you using? I used huggies wipes with my first baby and she was so raw I felt horrible but I didn't know what it was finally I changed to Luca wipes and she cleared right up.
Helpful - 0
As a nurse I would definitely call your pediatrician at this point. Sounds like some prescription cream is needed.Could be a yeast infection or just an infected rash. Good luck mama!
Helpful - 0
I.used huggies diapers and wipes
And I have an appointment at 2 with a pediatrician
Helpful - 0
my son had the same thing. Try pure cornstarch until you can get her.I to the doctors. That always cleared him up right away.
Helpful - 0
Sounds like yeast rash u need a rx
Helpful - 0
Switch to cloth nappies!
Helpful - 0
I love the brand Butt Paste. Always worked wonders for my son when he got the blister like DR
Helpful - 0
Those are Chemical burns due to content of diaper mixed with pee and poo, here is what worked for me buy the nipple gel (the ones you use for cracks) velastisa, isdin i don't know what brand you have there but get one or lanolin, wash the baby with warm water, dry and apply the nipple cream then use the diapper cream on the top of it, i did it with my son he even bleed back then, as i don't have any ideas about girls, the only thing i can say just don't put it inside not to close, it regenerates the skin!!! I hope it works for you too!!!
Helpful - 0
Coconut oil!!!! My daughter has super sensitive skin so the doctor saI'd she's just prone to them. Switched to coconut oil and it was completely gone in a few days.
Helpful - 0
Coconut oil is a natural antifungal that helped her heal the yeast infection and a natural antibacterial. And its super soft and soothing to their little bums.
Helpful - 0
I got the same kind a rash on my girls if I tried off brand diapers, wipes or supplemented with any Gerber formula. If a rash gets bad it normally turns to a yeast rash, my girls have gotten it from all the above mentioned reasons. If you go to the pediatrician they can give a ointment for yeast rash. In the mean time just wash baby's bottom very well with soap and water, let bottom air dry, use pads or blankets under baby and leave diaper off to allow air to get to the rash, don't use wipes till the rash heals use warm water and wash cloth. You are not a bad mom and this stuff happens. Without going through it yourself no mother would really know what to do.
Helpful - 0
I also gave up wipes when my daughter had her bad rash. I have used wash cloths and water since she was 5 weeks old. Once she started eating regular food, I just started washing her with soap and water and drying her completely after each bowel movement.
Helpful - 0
Call the pediatrician and ask for some nystatin worked wonders on my Lil gal
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.