Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

itchy!

I'm told itchy skin is part of the third trimester, but its been pretty intense. Any one else have it bad (to the point of getting bumps/rashes) and what do you use to help?
I try not.to.itch my tummy.cus I heard that when you utch yiu get stretch marks and that really loose kind of stretch marks I use palmers tummy cream it works really good I dont have any stretch marks
you can use a non-scented lotion, maybe one with vitamin E. i like Aveeno

also, don't use soap when you shower - you really don't need it (i just use it in certain places - armpits and butt crack).  just scrub with a wash cloth, you can use a hypoallergenic non-scented moisturizing body wash. but a plain wash cloth might be the best thing.
My tummy really didn't itch, it my knees, elbows, and breasts that have been bad. I will definitely try not using soap. Thanks for the advice!
Yer soap dries out ur skin and that palmers cocoa butter works really well everytime im itchy I use that to stop the temptation  coz iv heard scratching can cause stretchmarks to
I recommend you put lotion on at least twice a day bc it moistizes your skin to prevent itchiness
If it's a rash, go see a dermatologist. It could be PUPPPs. They'll give you a cream that is better than the crap at the store
Keep an eye on it. Like razor_mommy said it could be pupps. I got it the last week or so of my pregnancy and I was miserable. It doesnt go away until after the baby is born.
Hi have you had blood tests to check your liver function? Itchyness can be a sign of your liver struggling. Ive got the same problem with itching atm and am waiting for my blood results in the mean time I am using pinetarsol bath oil and soap it is really good for itchiness. You can get it from the pharmancy and is fine to use while pregnant.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.