loosing weight while pregnant? possible?

Is there possible to eat healthy and loose weight while pregnant?? Have you guys figured out any tricks?? Or even just maintaining weight?? I just want to stay healthy but being pregant makes it impossible to maintain or loose weight!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ok sorry ive known a couple girls that were way too skinny and and starved themselves everytime they gained an ounce it was just very sad I am too on the chunkier side 5'8"  started out at 200lbs and am trying to gain no more than 20lbs bf did wonders after my first I gained a bunch of weight back after I stopped :'(
Helpful - 0
Oh no I know I am going to gain. I have already gained 22 pounds. I just want to maintain it or loose a few healthily so after I can loose it more. I'm already kind of chunky so even staying at my pre pregnancy weight wouldnt be so bad at alllllll. But thanks guys for responding!.I will keep the more healthy snacks in mind!! I was 180 before and 212 now but I carry pretty well so I'm not worried just trying to stay in a healthy weight range for my body type
Helpful - 0
Stay away from the scale. Unless u are starting out obese why would u want to put ur childs health in danger for vanity? Eating healthy and not gaining a ton of weight is one thing eat right get plenty of protein iron calcium etc. But I'm sorry if im getting the jist of it wrong but u come across to me like ur just afraid of some muffin top in ur pre pregnancy jeans. It can be but mostly its not fat ur uterus gains 2lbs in muscle alone! Like 5 to 7 lbs of extra blood n fluids and then of course u want a healthy baby prepared for the world sorry this is long an I hate scale goin up to but it just remember u have all kinds of tinlme to diet after baby is born.
Helpful - 0
Being pregnant makes me not really crave junk food right now, and cutting it out is having an effect. I gained about 5 pounds from water, but I've started losing a bit now, and I think it's because I'm not eating the junk food.
Helpful - 0
You shouldbt be wanting to lose weight until after the baby is born.. it isnt safe for your baby you need those extra calories
Helpful - 0
I don't know of any tricks. I simply did the same thing, ate the same stuff while I was pregnant as well as before hand. I lost weight in each of my pregnancies. I was worried about it. My doctor said it happens with some woman and not to worry too much, so long as I was eating healthy thats what mattered. Intresting fact I was on bed rest with all my pregnancies as well.  Go figure. Either way dont worry too much after baby it will start to melt away and if you choose to breast feed it will be even faster.
Helpful - 0
I used to worry about my weight too, but I say just accept that you're going to have to gain weight for the well being of your baby. Now if you dont want to gain more than whats necessary, try switching unhealthy snacks like chips and sweets for fruits, veggies, yogurts...etc and try to make healthy choices when eating out or at home, like instead of fries ask for the side salad substitute.  And try to keep the cravings under control. Like donuts for me..I try to only give in every 3rd week... and not more than I should, just 1 with a glass of milk. And exercise if you are able to.
Helpful - 0
I'm 32+3 and have gained 4 pounds. I'm maintaining weight by going on a few walks a week. I've recently lost 2 pounds,  but my doc isn't concerned.  I eat when I'm hungry,  stop when I'm full. I add in some healthy snacks if I'm up for it. Walking though has helped me feel better though
Helpful - 0
As long as you are not cutting calories or starving yourself. I eat better when preg because I want to give good food to baby. I'm 16 and havent really gained. But I EAT like crazy and drink lots of water! I don't think it should be a goal to lose weight. I know I'm gonna gain and I'm bigger to begin with! Hope to get my wedding body back! Lol but as long as I'm feeding my baby good food, I don't care what weigh
Helpful - 0
im not going to lie ive lost 30 pounds since i got pregnant. lost 25 with my first. i was overweight before both pregnancies and had/have gesational diabetes with both pregnancies so was put on a strict diet. according to my doctor and nutritionist, weight loss isnt bad as long as your consuming the appropriate foods and correct calories. i mean alot of women are more conscious about what they eat when pregnant anyways right?? lol hope this helped! (:
Helpful - 0
You shouldn't be trying to lose weight while pregnant unless your obese and your dr supervises a special diet for the safety of you and baby. Some weight gain is inevitable while pregnant. It's necessary for the health of your baby. Stick with eating healthy nutritious food and avoid all the junk to keep excess weight away. Healthy weight is also quicker to lose after baby than weight put on from tons of sweets and carbs.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.