losing weight during pregnancy

Im 26 weeks ive went from 225  to 203 pounds is it bad to loose weight like this during pregnancy
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It's normal especially (no offense) because you're over weight to begin with. My friend was 235 and by the time she was done being pregnant, she weighed 175 and had so far, kept the weight off. I lost weight in the beginning of all my pregnancies.
Helpful - 0
I've lost 10 pounds since May... That is 22 in a month... Has your doctor said anything about it?
Helpful - 0
How did u loose it? I was loosing at the beginning of the pregnancy, but now I'm gaining weight, I've only gained 13 lbs but I weight a total of 263 and I don't want to gain so much, my Dr says is good, is going normal, but still
Helpful - 0
You lost 22lbs in about 20 days? I would definitely aam your doctor about it being that you are 26 weeks and not someone who say is in their first trimester vomitting all the time.
Helpful - 0
I've lost 18 pounds so far and I'm 28 weeks. My doctor has no concerns thus far. Express your concerns to your doctor if you're worried at all.
Helpful - 0
Thanks I was 225 on the fourth of july now today 203 so I guess that would be normal I just thought it was a bad thing to loose weight so quick thats ten pounds but thanks
Helpful - 0
It isn't bad to lose excess weight,  you just have to do it appropriately through diet and exercise.  Nothing drastic and no over working yourself. I've heard it's safe to lose up to two pounds a week.  However,  check with your doc and see what they recommend for you.  
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.