losing weight

I'm 13 weeks today, and I've lost 7lbs in since I've found out I was pregnant. I'm not vomiting, and I eat... I just don't know why not gaining. Anyone go thru this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Losing weight is ok as long as u eat and keep fluids down.I'm 23 weeks and only this week Iv gained weight.was same weight up till then.some people can weigh less on day of birth then before they got pregnant
Helpful - 0
As my doc put it, the baby is acting like a parasite and taking everything it can from you. Make sure you're getting the nutrients that you not need. As for me, I was overweight to begin with so he said that he wouldn't be surprised if my final pregnancy weight was lower than my pre-pregnancy weight.
Helpful - 0
I'm 21 weeks and have lost 22 pounds. Some people just lose weight when they are pregnant
Helpful - 0
I lost 11lbs the first month or two of pregnancy and like some others mentioned my doctor said it was fine. My son has even been measuring above weight throughout this pregnancy and am now 36weeks and have definitely caught up lol
Helpful - 0
I lost 14 pound at the beginning of my pregnancy. My doctor said It was normal change of diet mixed with me being a bit bigger. I have since gained the weight back and a littlw more. If your doctor isnt worried about it i wouldnt be either
Helpful - 0
HCG helps maintain a healthy pregnancy weight it uses fat from fat stores as energy. So its usually why women find they lose weight throughout the first trimester/pregnancy. Its pretty awesome :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.