not gaining weight

Hello everyone!  I am 15 weeks pregnant and my doctor tells me I need to watch my weight because I am actually losing a couple pounds every time I go to weigh in. Is anyone else experiencing that?  I think I'm eating normal,  even more than usual.  I am drinking more water than ever tho so maybe that's why? ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Its normal. I lost entire pregnancy. My trick to stat out of hospital was to eat bananas before visit made me same weight
Helpful - 0
When i was around 15weeks i only gained 3lbs and my prepregnancy weight was underweight..i thought it was unhealthy n to stay away from fast food n ice cream..but she told me to drink losts of shakes n ear ice cream n burgers..i did so and around 19wks visit i had gained 13lbs..still underweight but its progress..now i dnt just eat fastfood i cook real food n eat ice cream at night n eventually ya appetite will pick up cuz i think it also had something to do with 1st trimester sickness
Helpful - 0
Same here. My weight before pregnancy was 155 I've been stuck at 161 for months. I'm 5mths now. By the end of a day scale says 163 and by morning it's 161 sometimes 160.5. Baby looks fine so I don't worry. As long as your baby is looking fine your all good.
Helpful - 0
I started off at 144 I went down to 128 I'm 19 weeks today n yest at my drs appti weighed 131 so far I've recovered 3lbs n my dr seemed please.  The heartbeat is still strong n baby is growing fine.  That's what matters every body reacts to pregnancy differently
Helpful - 0
Ok thanks everyone!  I feel better :)
Helpful - 0
Yes I guess thats how your body works . Started with 127 and by the end of my first trimester I was 120 so I lost weight and until now that im 26wks ive gain 10 pounds so hopefully everything will even out for you.
Helpful - 0
I go back and forth gain a pound lose 3 gain 5 lose 1 some of us are just that way
Helpful - 0
That's ok I didn't gain any weight until now im 36w and I gained 22lb wich is in range. As long as you are eating healthy and all that stuff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.