on a budget

Yea I'm on a tight budget. Still haven't gotten anything for my lil man. Anyone have any good tips on shopping for a newborn on a budget???
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am on a tight budget too. I just shop at good will, and pick up little things with shopping. Im trying to stick with the basics. A few footie outfits, a few gowns, socks,onsies. You might be able to fimd a used swing and such. Also free cycle. Oh and salvation army has good sales on baby stuff too. Yard sales are great also.
Helpful - 0
Facebook moms groups, garage sales, kijiji (if you live in Canada or the US) or similar sites in your area, have s baby shower and ask for clothes and diapers.
Helpful - 0
Craigslist normally has people posting alot of clothes for about $25 for over 100 pieces of clothes when I find out the sex I think I'm going to check it out besides all the stuff my friends give me from there kids. Oh and Ross dress for less has awesome prices
Helpful - 0
I am very frugal, Im not on to tight of a budget but Im cheap. Check out yardsales, craigslist, and goodwill. Ilove goodwill cause I can go crazy in that Store and walk out with a ton ofnice things that do not cost much. Yes Its used but its cute stuff that wont fit her Long anyways, and I just want her to look cute more importantly lol also diaper.com has great deals on diapers. And if your formula feeding at all parents choice brand from walmart I heard is the way to go.
Helpful - 0
Thamks ladies.  Its been 7 yrs since I did this
Helpful - 0
Facebook actually helped. There are online moms groups and online garage sales which helped me get many items. I also checked out some groups that people give things away. It helped us.
Helpful - 0
Yeah were on a tight budget as well... Were trying to move into a bigger place n everything before our baby get here. We already have a 3 year old. Im trying to wait until my baby shower in a few weeks to see what else I will need. But over all im just gonna get what I can afford n the important stuff like oneies n sleepers n blanket u know things like that, that Dont cost as much n I will be hitting the clearance racks:-)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.