pink eye ?

I had my baby a week ago and I think she has pink eye. This is her 3rd day waking up with a crusty eye. At first it was jus eye boogers but now I know its something more. I jus been using warm water to wipe it off. What else can I do ?
I thought*
If her eye ball is completely red then I would say it's pink eye and would take her to the er. But if there's redness but doesn't cover her entire eye ball I would say its eye allergies. My second baby had horrible eye allergies and that's what it sounds like to me
The only thing to cure pink eye is antibiotics. Make sure to wash your hands anytime you clean her eye. It spreads like wildfire unfortunatley I found out the hard way
My babies always got clogged tear ducts. They will get a crusty eye take a warm wash cloth and gently massage the inside corner of the eye.
Not even kidding, put breastmilk on it. Google if you need backup info about this. Breastmilk seriously cures pink eye.
By any chance, are you breast feeding her? Producing good milk? If so, squirt some breast milk in her eye.. your milk has natural antibodies to fight off the pink eye.. And if not, take her to her pediatrician and they'll give her antibiotics. Constantly wash your hands well. Feces particles are constantly in the air, and you'll carry them on  
your hands after every diaper change, so wash up well! Warm compresses of a warm towel on her eye while she sleeps will help as well.
It may be conjunctivitis
After 3 days I'd have at least called her pediatrician to consult.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.