MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

pregnancy yoga

Have any of you tried pregnancy yoga? If so did it help with pelvic and back pain?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good deal. I just sent you a note, asking you how it went. I'm glad you enjoyed it. We have a lady who is 7 days away from her EDD in the class and she is pretty flexible. Lol
Helpful - 0
Had my first yoga class today. Have to say I really enjoyed it. I felt so much better after it. I still sore but it's not as bad as it was. So hopefully it pain will continue yo improve the more I do it :-)
Helpful - 0
pregnancy yoga certainly helped me with my lower back pain. Usually just resting for thirty minutes would help with the lower back pain but when that didn't work I'd do yoga at home. And after 20-30 mins of exercise I had relief for at least a few days. Now that I'm 37wks the relief lasts about a day. I have YouTube'd it and just done it at home.
Helpful - 0
Thank  you. I'm going to get one of the exercise balls. I was also thinking of going for a pregnancy massage. I have one of the log body pillows and I love it!! I think the pain at night would be much worse if i didn't have it.
Helpful - 0
SPD or pelvic pain is the worse I've had it since 24 weeks Im now 32 all I can recommend is an excerise ball a belly band and a lot of RR oh and a good back rub and a pelvis rub sleep with your pillow between your legs that helps 2
Helpful - 0
Thank you CountryMomToBe. I'll try anything to help with the pain. I'm really looking forward to trying it now. :-)
Helpful - 0
Yes! I did it from 15-30 weeks (I stopped doing classes bc we had some unexpected expenses & I couldn't afford it anymore).  It helped sooooonmuch.  At 33 weeks after missing 3 classes I ended up going to the chiropractor bc my back pain came back... he told me to keep doing yoga, so I did it at home.  It really does help!
Helpful - 0
I'm hoping it will help it one class a week but once I know what I'm doing I'm planning on doing it at home as well.
Helpful - 0
I'm glad u posted this I've been wanting to try pregnancy yoga but doing it at home since o have two lil ones to take care of but I've been having back pain so I wanted to trt and see if this helps
Helpful - 0
When I found out that I was pregnant I ordered a couple dvds to do at home. I did it a couple times, but then the pregnancy symptoms set in & I haven't touched them since. I really should though because it prepares the body for labor & I would like to be as prepared as I possibly can.
Helpful - 0
I will thanks again Candy_T :-)
Helpful - 0
I just turned 26 weeks today and I'm feeling more aches and pains but nothing too serious. I think you'll enjoy it. It might hurt at first but it's well worth it. :) I hope you have a good time on Thursday. Let me know how it goes.
Helpful - 0
Thank you Candy_ T
I'm starting a class on Thursday hoping it will give me some relief. I'm having trouble walking and I can't move in bed. I'm only 26 weeks people keep telling me it will only get worse!!
Helpful - 0
I've been doing it for two weeks. It definitely stretches everything. I'm suffering from round ligament pain on my right side and the first day of the yoga, I wanted to cry because it hurt. I'm not trying to scare you....lol, but I'm enjoying it and feel that it works for pelvic pain.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.