pregnant Medicaid

I'm 25 & live in Florida. I applied for pregnancy Medicaid last week. I just faxed in my pay stubs this morning to see if I am even eligible for them to open a file so I can be considered for assistance.. I do have insurance thru my job but I can't afford it now.. Anyone else in Florida going thru or went through this process?
I did with my youngest. I made nearly $3k a month and qualified because of rent and utilities being so high in Florida. It is annoying and takes forever but you can still get care at the health department until things go through.
We just had to sign up for insurance through healthcare.gov as my husband switched jobs and his new job doesn't offer insurance. Insurance through my job is way too expensive. We didn't qualify for medicaid, but got a plan with a decent rate. About what we were paying before through his job. Still not "affordable" by any means, but less than what my employer offers. Good luck. Its a long annoying process.
Thanks.. I hope I get it. Im going to have to work the system some so I can get it. I make 8.25 & this check was so short I spent over half making my car run so I can get back to work but I'll be on fumes trying to make it next week..
I don't live in Florida but in Colorado and you'd definitely be approved for assistance. It's an annoying process but well worth it if you need the help. Good luck to you and the little one!
I live in Florida n when I went to the health department to get a proof of pregnancy they had to fill out for Medicaid n I got it instantly for 45 days n then I had to file for permanent before the 45 days was up n it took about 3 weeks to get my Medicaid card n then they have u choose a plan they gave me 4 to choose from
In the state of Florida they will give u Health insurance for u and the baby and once the little one is born they will provide full Medicaid for the little one
I would go to the Medicaid office. Its faster to get it. Sure it takes 3-4 hours to apply but u can see a doctor the next day.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.