Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

prometrium during pregnancy

hi i was wondering my dr put me on prometrium during this pregnancy has anyone else takin it while pregnate and had a succussful pregnacy the bottle says not to take during pregnancy im confussed please help
I am taking prometrium 200 mg.  I am 10 weeks now and everything seems to be going great.  I'm not sure why your bottle says not to take during pregnancy, you're supposed to take it for the first three months, atleast that is what was explained to me.  Prometrium is just a progesterone suppliment, so I don't know why it says not to take it during pregnancy.
I am on it too.  I questioned this when I picked up my fist prescription.  Because that scared the sh*t outta me.  Coundlt figure out why they would give me something that says do not take if pregnant.  I am also 10 weeks.  I think my dr. said to take it until 12 weeks.  I am on 100mg.  I know it doesnt make any sense!!
Hmmmm... that is so strange, why does it say that?  Mine doesn't!  Mine says not to take if you're allergic to peanuts!  Did either one of you ask your pharmacist why it says that??
the paper that came with my prescription said that it dose not keep you from miscarring which is why i need it to keep me from loseing another baby but it also says that it can cause birth defects exspiecally in the first few weeks of pregnancy after reading that im scared to take it but at the same time i dont want to lose this baby
nel:  yea I called my dr about this.  They said its ok to take.

starkey:  I dont think your dr. would give you something that would cause birth defects.  I didnt notice that on mine.  Maybe call them to ease your mind.  But it IS ok to take!  Do you have to take orally or vaginally??
I am not pregnant yet, but I take prometrium and my doctor said when I do become preg I will still take it to help prevent miscarriage and he said it would provide my body with female hormones my doesn't produce.

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.