Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

sudden vomiting with shakes and hot flashes sign of labor

Ive been using EPO since 30 weeks and started taking them vaginally last 4 days. Today i decided to use a tampon to help insert the epo to get closer to cervix, as it it difficult for me to reach. Within 10 minutes of inserting the EPO i started get the shakes and hot flashes. Then i felt nauseous and felt the urge to have a bm at the same time. So i sat on the toilet, i threw up everything i consumed this morning but had no bm. As i got up to wipe i noticed I lost my complete mucus plug. No contractions or cramps of any sort, just a little pressure and shooting pains in my pelvis. Im not concerned with the mucus plug comming out, but more of the rapid onset of vomiting and shakes. It all lasted 20 mintues, came and gone. Anyone ever experience that right before labor?
Why are you trying to induce labor at this point?  Does your doctor know you're trying to bring on premature labor?
I would call labor and delivery.
I am not sure how far along you are now but I would say call your doctor and tell him or her what happened and see what they say.
good luck!
Im not inducing labor too early, im 37 weeks and measuring almost 3 weeks ahead and EPO isnt going to work right away( otherwise i wouldve been in labor by now because ive been taking it for 7 weeks now) nothing will work unless your body is ready anyway. My doctor is aware that i was taking it orally btw. So any comments saying that im inducing early, please keep to yourself. I had my last son at 37 weeks, 6.14 oz and healthy, so i know when to start EPO.
I saw my doctor today due to my symptoms and she thinks it may be a stomach bug going round. She said it was  around normal time for me to lose my mucus plug and i could deliver between now and 2 weeks:)
sorry to hear you might have a bug, no fun! hope you feel better soon
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.