Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

urine smells like ammonia

Anyone else have this? I'm 35 weeks and my urine smells like ammonia. No burning when I go no fever...
I had a UTI for a super long time and my urine also had a nasty smell to it. I got rid of the infection a couple months ago though and the smell is still there but it's definitely worse if I've been holding it for a while.
I drink mostly soda so I'm thinking about switching to juice or something and seeing if that changes it. Or maybe lots of water to ensure that it's not just sitting in there.
Could be an infection or it could mean you are not drinking enough water.  My urine smelled like peanuts (gross, I know), and I told my midwife at my appointment... She tested it and basically it was just a high pH (very alkaline) so I drink apple cider vinegar occasionally to keep my urine pH at a normal level.  She wasn't worried in my situation at all... I was just more grossed out than anything.

So, just ask your doc/midwife to check your urine.
That is normal! Is it darker in color.. what likely is happening is you are probably dehydrated. Unless it burns! Drink more water
That's usually a symptom of diabetes, go to the dr.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.