walk

I'm now 39wks with my first baby. They have tell me to walk a lot, but not sure how long should a walk? Any suggestions please
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your first baby they may have to break ur water no matter how much walking around you do. The hormones in male sperm can thin your cervix but not a sure thing. I have be 50% effaced at station 0 for 3 weeks they told me they will have to break my water after my Due date and most first time pregnancy this Is what they have to do.  
Helpful - 0
Kuhlmand2
Thank you! I will try the stair. I'm trying to get labor going because my due date is in 5days and i'm still not dilated at all.
Helpful - 0
If your trying to get labor going,  stairs are better ;)
Helpful - 0
5 hours of walking wont hurt the baby.  If anything it'll just make baby sleep cause of the motion.
Helpful - 0
Thank you! I actually can do a lot, but not sure if okay for my baby. After an hour I get scared and i stop.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
As much as you want really or can stand. Good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.