weight after delivery

Hey ladies,
Just wondering how many kilos do you lose right after the delivery. Thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks ladies,  I am not good with diets. I gained about 15 kilos (30 pounds) and was worried about how I will look after giving birth.
Helpful - 0
I only gained 13kgs in the first place but by the end of the week after having my son I'd lost 15kgs thru breastfeeding and the birth. Lol I had a huge huge baby bump but didn't put on much weight anywhere else. Except my boobs. They became stripper sized haha.
Helpful - 0
If not I'd
Helpful - 0
Good golly honestly I lost about 7 pounds right after baby was born... If you have an iv you will be pumped with lots of fluid during labor so you retain all that weight. But shortly after you will start losing it all. I think I'd I remember correctly I lost about 15 probably in the first week.
Helpful - 0
Ha! Something wrong with me then I gained just over 50lbs with my 1st was so excited to get home and get on the scale annnnnd I lost 12lbs. But with bleeding and extra peeing another 10 came off fairly quickly I bf and lost all but 5lbs gained back 20 when I weaned after a yr
Helpful - 0
This is my second pregnancy and I've already gained more at 33 weeks than I did total with my daughter. 35lbs so far! With my daughter I weighed myself a week after she was born and I had lost 21lbs in a weeks time, but unfortunately my weight stayed the same for the next 7 months. I had.gained 29lbs total with her
Helpful - 0
Wow that's great.  I feel like a whale. Lol.
Helpful - 0
I lost 10kgs straight away in baby blood and fluid. My baby weighed 3.65kgs at birth.
Helpful - 0
Idk about kilos. But you'll lose anywhere from 20 to 30 pounds
Helpful - 0
Not sure on kilo but I hear you lose about 20 pounds once baby and placenta are all out. At least that's what every mom I know said. I ask this alot lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.