weight gain and exercise??

I'm 18w2days and have gained about 8lbs so far. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm doing pretty good for almost being halfway thru, but I get scared about being able to lose the weight after the baby. I'm 25 and usually weigh around 140, but I've always had a hard time with losing weight. I feel like my thighs jiggle so much more now and are getting cellulite. Anyone know of good exercises to help tone your legs besides squats? I know the weight gain is all for the health of the baby, I just wish I didn't feel so bad when I see the scale go up. Anyone else feel the same??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Suzanne Bowen slim and toned barre maternity workout dvd is pretty good. It really gives you a good burn in the buns and thighs. Also has a good arm workout. I bought mine off amazon. I did p90x pre-pregnancy. I will probably continue to use the Suzanne Bowen dvd after birth as well.
Helpful - 0
Yoga and walking are great exercises for keeping the muscles toned. Check out Fit Pregnancy (magazine, website, or Facebook page) they always have great safe pregnancy workouts.
Helpful - 0
Yes I haven gained a whole lot - 4 lbs and I'm almost 16 weeks - but I absolutely hate gaining weight and I feel jiggly and gross. I exercise four days a week, one more day then I did before pregnancy but I have been eating things I would never normally eat. Everyone's like its ok you're suppose to gain weight! But I  hate it because yes I can lose the weight but I'm going to be in my biggest prego stage in the summer when it's hot and I won't be able to hide under big clothes and cellulite never goes away and I feel like I'm beginning to get more. I can't believe 4 lbs can make such a difference! I'm just going to continue exercising and not indulge as much I have been. You are not alone feeling this way. I just posted a very similar question yesterday actually
Helpful - 0
I walk a lot for exercise, but I still feel untoned :-( just 1 of thos things, but this is my 3rd & I no that by even just walking during ur pregnancy  it all helps the weight come off after u have had ur baby :) once baby is here just keep walking it until ur ready to do more & the weight will come off :)
Helpful - 0
you are doing good, I'm 21w 2d and I've gained 18Lbs...I stared at 109Lbs and a size 3, now I went shopping in my sisters "fat clothes" bin which are size 8 and 9...I can pull them up without unbuttoning them but my hips and thighs are starting to fill them in pretty well. I go shopping a lot for exercise, I don't buy anything I just walk around the store and look...lol...it's winter, there's no way I'm going outside. Good luck :-)
Helpful - 0
Oh yea, i am there wz u. I am 21w4days n my weight before i got pregnant was around 150lb.5‘5 i always have problem wz my weight so i exercise alot, i love food especially carbs, pasta n all.but now i dont lift heavy weights anymore no squats, i just walk but i walk on incline treadmill for 2 miles 3-4 times a week.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.