weight gain?

I just noticed at my last appointment that I haven't gained any weight in about 4 weeks. My docotor said she wasn't concerned yet but will be if I don't gain by my next appointment. I am 34 weeks. From 30 weeks to current I have not gained or lost any weight. Has anyone else experinced this? I am ftm so I just don't know what is normal and what isn't. And how do you gain more weight when you already are eating the recommended amount of calories? I am struggling to eat meet the recommended amount. It seems almost impossible for me to eat any more than I already eat. I just get full too fast.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Try small meals throughout the day. If you're getting full faster, it could be you just don't have as much room with baby getting big. I haven't gained any weight yet (18 weeks) although I am gaining size, or rather my weight is moving to my belly. I think because I'm eating better than I was before I'm gaining and losing weight at an equal rate. That could be what's happening with you.
Helpful - 0
Maybe the trick isn't eating more than you do, but eating foods higher in carbohydrate and/or calories. Maybe try a nutrition shake with a meal or 2 each day.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.