Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

weight gain

I'm 3 months i have a belly but i still have not gained weight is that ok? I got an ultra sound and the baby is very active just worried about my weight am I not eating enough or what?
It's ok. Everybody is different. I'm 5'3 and 150 pounds and I lost weight my first pregnancy. Around 10 pounds. And now in 11 weeks with my second and have lot 2. And My Son was 8lbs 2oz
I am 23 weeks and have only gained 3lbs total so far and my baby is doing great.  The average person should only gain 17-20 lbs during the whole pregnancy. My Dr said you should only be in taking 300 extra calories a day and its about quality of the food not the quanity. I was worried I wasn't eating enough as well and my Dr told me that I know my body and I know how to grow this baby. You don't want to go over 3-4 hours with out eating at least a snack. I have water and fruit or a granola bar with me all the time. I wasn't super hungry in my first tri either but the further along you get you start to get hungry more often, just be sure to have healthy snacks around you. I wouldn't be too concerned with not gaining weight yet. I know this particular app tells you, you should and some books say the same but ask your Dr and listen to your body.
In all 3 of my pregnancies I did not gain a thing until 24+ weeks. Every one is different and each pregnancy can be different as well. As long as you catch up towards the end you are fine.
I lost weight for first trimester for my first pregnancy which charts said was not good. Then I put on 22kgs in the next 6 months and the chart said it was too much. Then I lost 24 kgs in the next 4 months after having the baby which charts said was too quick. Your weight really barely matters! I don't weigh myself anymore so now the doctors and charts can all just shut their mouths! Anyway your weight sounds really normal to me :)
Ok thanks ladies you guys  are awesome
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.