weight loss

So I'm 13weeks and this is baby #3. I have lost 25lbs so far and the drs tell me they want me to keep losing weight. How is that healthy for baby? I mean I eat healthy and exercise regularly. Weight has always been a struggle for me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It depends on what your BMI is, if you're in the obese category then losing weight is definitely good for youand the baby.
Helpful - 0
I've never heard of that,  actually quite the opposite! I'm having a really hard 1st tri. I saw my dr last week n had dropped 10lbs due to being sick n unable to keep anything down she told me 10lbs isn't a big deal but when I get around to 15-20lbs lost then that's a red flag.  Since that appt I lost another 5lbs=( ill have to go back n see her soon
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.