what to eat & drink?

Hello all,
I am only 6 weeks along. But I am so nauseous I can't hold anything down but chicken noodle soup. Should I just eat what I can when I can? And I drink one cup of coffee every morning. Is it OK to continue?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you all! Its hard but I will cut the coffee.
Helpful - 0
I had horrible morning sickness and what actually helped was warm ginger ale. Unfortunately no one told me about it until about 2 weeks prior to my nausea subsiding by itself. Definitely give it a try!
Helpful - 0
It's going to get worse before it gets better. I'd cut the coffee for now to prevent acid in your stomach which causes nausea. Saltine crackers, Apple slices and Gatorade or vitamin water. It's more important you stay hydrated. Zofran prevents the vomiting but you'll still be nauseated. Hang in there! It's temporary
Helpful - 0
If you can keep any food down then eat it. Try to keep yourself hydrated too. You might talk to your doctor about medicine (such as Zofran) if the severe nausea continues.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.