Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

whats is...

Hey beautiful ladies my doctor just called me that I have gestational diabetes :( what is that?
Its diabetes, but during pregnancy. Should go away after baby is born. Can look it up on google or call ypur doc back to get more imfo.
Its caused by the hormones that ur placenta send out to ur body and usually only lasts until the baby is born. You have to be put on a diet and check ur blood sugars to make sure they are fine otherwise they will put u on meds, so follow the diet plan they give u. And when u get further along they will just monitor the babys growth because gd causes baby to grow larger than normal so if the baby is larger then u will need a csection. I have gd and this is my second pregnancy and I am on a controlled diet but I am having a csection because I had it with my first.
Wow thank you :) . Is it.bad for the baby?  and I had a c section. So likely I will have one.
It can be bad for baby if you don't take care of it. Just watch your diet and make sure you exercise daily. Follow any guidelines the doc gives you. You don't want to end up having to take shots for it while pregnant. Just make sure you learn as much as you can about it
It can be harmful for the baby if you are not careful as someone already said. Please google 'gestational diabetes' and read the article. There is a lot you should know about. Don't forget to ask your doctor if you have any question regarding this when you see him/her next time. Good luck!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.