when are people telling people the news?!

Just curious when people started telling people (close friends and family) that they are expecting! I'm so excited and want to shout on top of the roof!! :-)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Close friends/Family found out as soon as we saw a heartbeat which was around 6 7 weeks for me. Then everyone else found out at 12 weeks
Helpful - 0
My mama will probably find out after we see a heartbeat at 7 weeks (I'm having an early ultrasound because of a history of miscarriage). My best friend knows already because she's planning my bachelorette party coming up this month and needed to know, my other bridesmaids will probably hear about it too before the party and the wedding. Otherwise, we'll probably wait until 12 weeks or more to share the news. In case we suffer another miscarriage we don't want to have to tell bad news to everyone - those conversations are horrible.
Helpful - 0
With our first, we were so excited that we told everyone that night after 2 positive hpts. With this one, we waited until 7-8 weeks just because we wanted to spring the news on Thanksgiving. We are very impatient people who can't keep secrets like that LOL
Helpful - 0
I told my family and my husbands family the night we found out haha we were just wayy to excited!  Then We told friends after first ultrasound.  
Helpful - 0
I told almost right away because I had told my mother and she busted me out on Facebook so she had every one congratsing me and I'm like crap now I gotta bust out the news I'm already busted so I was like 4 weeks. I'm just glad nothing has gone wrong with this pregnancy and I had to say I'm sorry to report ......
Helpful - 0
I get do exited I tell everyone the same night I find out after I tell my husband.  With this lil one I waited till I was about 7weeks so I could tell the whole family at thanksgiving so I just had to say it once instead of calling everyone
Helpful - 0
I told my boss right away - as there was a discussion of what job I would have in the fall, and one option i would not be able to do pregnant. My bosses reaction was "can I babysit?"

told my parents at 6 weeks, now we are making them pretend not to know when we tell my in-laws at 12 weeks
waiting to tell them because they will blab
Helpful - 0
With my daughter everyone knew right away. With my son, they found out at my grandmas 90th birthday. We put my daughter in a big sister tee-shirt & signed the card "happy birthday! Love us (with our names) & baby :)" lol.
Helpful - 0
I told friends first, after my positive home tests. Family after the first appointment.
Helpful - 0
I told my family as soon as I found out at 5wks.  and then posted it on Facebook in a unique way. I changed my cover photo to a small portion of the baby ultrasound with the quotes "I grow humans, what's your super power?"  I couldn't hold it in at all.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.