MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

when to tell your new boss.. experience w this, advice??

So i just got a job today, i start monday. It is at a tim hortons.. when should i tell my boss i am pregnant? I am not showing much yet.. i am thinking i will just wait a coupke weeks and then let him know... ?? Idk really what to do. Lol i just wanted this job soo bad. I need to start savng money
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I recently started a job. Had my interview at 18 weeks,  started working at 20 weeks,  and now I'm 22w4d and still haven't told them. I don't look pregnant just a bit chunky around my stomach area. I plan on telling them the end of the month since I won't be able to hide my bump any longer. I never told them during they interview in fears of not getting the job. But tell them when you feel comfortable. I'm nervous to tell them but it had to be done at some point.
Helpful - 0
I am thinking i am going to say something before i get my first check.. i was just worried id get passed up for the job. :/
Helpful - 0
Bump
Helpful - 0
I am 15 w i have worked there in the passed at a different location and they didnt care they were preg. I am hoping for the same here.
Helpful - 0
I work for Tim Hortons. I was hired about two weeks before I found out I was pregnant with my first. They were very understanding and actually told me they thought I was pregnant when I finally told them. I was about 8 weeks when I told them.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.