why didnt i get a picture?!?!

I had a vaginal ultrasound this past Tuesday and didn't receive a picture, I took one with my phone but I don't understand why they didn't print me a copy? Has this ever happened to anybody? Maybe I should've asked but I just assumed they would print me one. Could something be wrong?

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks ladies
Helpful - 0
I got a picture of my ultrasound at 6 weeks but i also asked them even tho it was only a sac at that time I still wanted 1 and they gave me 2 and also marked where baby was growing I also got another pic a week later. I wouldnt get worried there is something wrong if there was your doctor would have told you.next time I would just tell them u didnt recieve any and would love sum extras good luck!
Helpful - 0
Gotcha I wouldn't worry then. Yea from 20 weeks- 33 weeks I was getting vaginal ultrasounds every week. I have a high risk pregnancy. My doc would do it in the office. I only got 3 of the normal ultrasounds & I got pics at those 3.
Helpful - 0
Oh okay I didn't know that I just assumed that how far along you are didn't matter. The tech said the doctor would call me in 2-3 days (no idea why) but said if he doesn't call me for me to call him. I wonder why? The Lady didn't act like anything was wrong and said I was 9 weeks 6 days and the babys heartbeat averaged out to 181 bpm and my due date was 10/17
Helpful - 0
They usually don't give you a picture until after 14 weeks.
Helpful - 0
They didn't know that I took them. The tech left the room for me to get dressed and left the pictures up on the screen. She said once the doctor says I can leave she would cone get me. I sat there for a good 10 mins I know.
Helpful - 0
Didn't mean to post I was still writing....

My next appointment at the health department isn't until April 11th and I'm waiting on the doctor to call me about my vaginal ultrasound because the tech told me he would
Helpful - 0
No I haven't received a normal belly ultrasound yet. The only reason I got the vaginal u/s was to figure out how far along I was. By the date of last period that I told them I would've been over 13 weeks but I'm only 10 weeks + 1. My next appoint
Helpful - 0
Some places simply don't print.  If they let you take a pic with your phone then I'm sure nothing is wrong.
Helpful - 0
I have never received a pic from a vaginal ultrasound. Have u had a regular ultrasound? I have only received pics from an ultrasound where they do it on my belly.
Helpful - 0
I'm glad you were able to capture one at least. They probably forgot has nothing to do with something being wrong. They would have told you.

Sorry you missed out. Just make them feel guilty about it at your 18 to 20 week scan and get some extras :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.