Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

xanax

is it bad to take them. what affects. does it have on my baby?
Xanax is a benzodiazepine....its twice the strength of ativan and highly addictive. If you take it regularly and stop suddenly you could have seizures as your body is addicted to the drug. Personally anything like that I beleive isnt good for the baby. Ask your doctor.
Ask you doctor, as I was told not to take mine anymore as it is not safe. But there are people who have to take it. But if your anxiety is mild get off of it. But don't quit child turkey you can hurt yourself and the baby. Just like anything else that is addictive. Good Luck.
sorry child is suppose to be COLD turkey.....
toIt is really bad to take during your first trimester it can cause birth defects and seeing as though it causes birth defects in the first trimester i wouldn't be too keen to take it during the rest of your pregnancy either but talk to your doctor if it's really necessary and the benefits outweigh the risks then that's up to you and your doctor i used to take it before i started trying to conceive but stopped it before i got pregnant bcuz of the risks during the first trimester i use different breathing strategies to hello with my panic attacks more and I've been doing great
Not good at all to take while prego. I had to get off colonzopahm after 4 years of taking it and that stuff is addidictive and similar to xanex... if I was able to do it cold turkey I believe that most people can. But they did put me on Zoloft (not the same but helped with the anxiety issues).. to help with all the stuff I was going thru. Had to do LOTS of things to get in the mind set of being "normal" without themeds but it was totally worth all of it for a healthy baby. Good luck with stopping and be strong!
My doc told me that it can cause serious birth defects
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.