Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

zoloft

My doc prescribed me zoloft today to take for panic attacks i've been having. I am 38+3 and am very nervous about taking this after reading some of the side effects. Does anyone have experience with this drug while pregnant? A friend of mine told me that once you start it that your not suppose to stop.
I hv been on zoloft but not while pregnant. Honesty I believe it's not a good idea u r so close to be done and why give these chemicals to your child. Why not try to do things more naturally. Try yoga or meditation, Dr's always go for drugs it really pisses me off. Now a days they push all these drugs on us without getting good to the root of the problem, it's just a bandaid and who knows what side effects it will hv on you or your baby years down the road. This is just my opinion =)
I've seen lawsuits all over TV from women who took zoloft while pregnant and it causes different birth defects. The most popular being cleft pallet. But since you're already full term, your baby is developed. So i think you'll be ok taking this. Then again no doctor can ever guarantee 100% that nothing harmful will happen. Just do your research. You should be ok. Go with your gut instinct.
I've taken it personally, not while pregnant though. I don't recommend it at all, especially if you are pregnant!! It's hard enough to adjust too without being pregnant.
I've been on it also. I would personally wait until after baby comes to start on any medication like that. Often times the first medication they start you on for depression/anxiety is not the right one. It often takes a few tries to find the right med. Not trying to scare you but the thing about antidepressants is they have to build up in your system and if it is not the right med your doctor will have to wean you of it (this is why it is not advised to stop taking it cold turkey). I've quit anti depressents cold turkey before and the side effects are not worth it.
I just went and had a pharmacist print out info about zoloft during pregnancy. Turns out that there has never been any official studies on humans, just on animals. The only info they have is un official studies and after reading them... Well the results seem horrifying. Everything from colic  to childbirth. I think i am just going to deal with the anxiety. I want imagine a logical reason to risk that much just for anxiety. Thank you for your thoughts and advice :)
I think u are making the right choice, I'm glad you researched it first and not just trusted what the Dr said..
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.