Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Can you get pregnant the last day of your period?

I am on no type of birth control, what so ever, and i was wondering if i could get pregnant the last day of my period. My boyfriend & I had sex last, no protection, and he came inside of me. I was wondering how much of a possibility it could be that i might end up pregnant.
Yes, there is a chance you could get pregnant from having sex on the last day of your period. It all depends on when you ovulate. How long are your cycles, and how many days do you usually have your period?
I start the last week of every month.. and go for about 6 days.
OK, I guess that means your cycles are about 30 days then, since most months are around 30 days, and it sounds like you get it the same time every month. That probably means you ovulate about 14 days prior to the first day of your period, which means around cycle day 16 or so. So you're probably OK then, since you had sex on day 6, and you most probably don't ovulate until day 16.

In other words, I don't think you have to worry too much. Chances are very low that you would get pregnant. The only way you could get pregnant from that would be if for some reason you ovulate much earlier than normal this month. But if I were you, I would definitely use a condom or some other form of protection in the future, even if you're on your period...just in case :-)

Take care!

Hey heather5 could i get pregnant if we have sex and he came inside on my second to the last day of peroid. my period is about to go in every last week of the months and last for 7 days.
YES you can.
thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

btw.. spade, i take it thats happened to you or you know someone its happened too?
It hasn't happened to me but it happened to my friend - Anytime you have unprotected sex, you run the risk of getting pregnant.  

BTW: My friend was very religious and always complained about people having sex before marriage!  Imagine our surprise when she announced she was pregnant to her boyfriend!  Due to religious reasons she  didn't believe in birth control and her, and her boyfriend who was in MED SCHOOL, assumed that having sex right before her period was "safe".  Needless to say, she got married about 2 months later.
oh.. wow.
Hey i was just curious....i normally start my period on the the last thursday of each month, or around the 23rd but always on a thursday towards the end of the month, and i am on my last day of it today 11-27-2007. I am on birth control and have been for about a year (the pill) and my boyfriend came in me tonight for the first time...i took my pill right after and douched...what are my chances of being pregnant??
Well, if you're on the pill, chances are very low (I believe less than 1%). It shouldn't matter that you took the pill after you had sex, as long as you take it every day and about the same time. I don't think you have anything to worry about!
My period seemed to be really lite this month so me and my husband had sex for 3 nights in a role when i was on my period and got off in me every time even the last day of my period.my cycles are like every 35 days but my periods usually dont last but 4 days.is there a chance that i might be pregnant?
If your periods are only four days, and you have a 35 day cycle, I would say chances are very low. The luteal phase (from ovulation until your period is usually between 10 and 16 days (I think 17 at the very most), so for you, that means 35-17, which is cycle day 18. So the earliest you would ovulate, if you have your normal cycle, is 14 days after your period ends. And at the most, sperm can live five days, which takes us back to cycle day 9. So chances are very low that having intercourse on cycle day 1, 2, 3 or 4 would lead to pregnancy. UNLESS you for some reason ovulated much earlier this month.

However, you did say your period was much lighter than normal this month, and I'm not sure if you had unprotected sex last month. Some people do have light bleeding when they first get pregnant, although most don't. How much lighter was your period? Were you bleeding or just spotting?
My periods are only 3 days long. I get my cycle every 28 days. and my husband came inside me on the last day on my period. what are the chances of getting pregnant? Also this month I was very crampy the first day on my period.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.