Energy Drinks

I was told by a freind that energy drinks will cause a false negative on pregnancy test? Also how soon does HCG start to show in urine and blood?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Energy drinks cannot cause false negatives. But if you think you may be pregnant I would suggest not drinking on since they are very high in caffine and your caffine intake is limited during pregnancy. HCG starts to show a couple days past implantation (about 1-11/2 weeks before your missed period). However it takes a little while for it to get high enough to be detected on a pregnancy test hence the reason you dont get a positive until your period is usually due.
if you are pregnant then i would stop drinking those energy drinks they speed up the heart rate which could interfere with the fetus. but no an energyt drink doesnt give a false positive result if you get a positive or a faint positive kline then you are preggos. hcg show up about 6-12 days after implantation.lots of babydust to you
Energy drinks DO have the potential to give a false Negative (Not positive) the idea is that being a diuretic they make you pee a lot more and flush some amount of the hormone out of your system that the test is trying to read. However it will only give you a false positive early on, something like in the first couple of weeks, and after that there is enough hormone on your urine that it will still be detected. If you think there are issues with consuming energy drinks and a false negative, do your test first thing in the morning.
Doctors and the American Pregnancy Association feel this is a myth.  But agree that anything you drink that dilutes your urine substantially can make picking up the hormone a bit harder. Too much water can do this too.

In general, energy drinks aren't good for people.  They have such a high sugar and caffeine content that they are pretty unhealthy.  

luck to all