Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Is this implantation bleeding?

I am expecting my period tomorrow (Monday).  This past Fri, I experienced some slight brownish color discharge.  Yesterday, (Sat.), I had even more of it.  Today is kind of pinkish/reddish in color.  My husband and I are really trying hard to conceive.  I used an ovulator predictor, took my temp each morning, and checked my cervical mucus.  I think that I calculated everything right.  This morning, I took a HPT and it came out neg.  I was very disappointed.  I am hoping that what I am experiencing is implantation bleeding...the blood is barely enough to fill a pad in one day...and is light (not heavy like my normal period).  Are HPT accurate at this time...the time that I tested...meaning the day before I am expecting my period?  Tonight, I am not bleeding at all now.  Can someone help???  Thanks!

Maggie
It COULD be implantation bleeding.  My last pregnancy i had implantation bleeding the day before my period was due and I thought "oh here's my period starting".  i was actually pregnant.  It depends what brand of HPT you used that would tell you if you are pregnant or not yet.  Some of them pick up as little as 25 units of HCG so you could be early on and don't have enough for an HPT to pick it up yet.  One of Andrea's postings a while back has the different HPT's and how much HCG they pick up.  you could get one of the more sensitive brands and try again.  if you use your first morning urine you will have more concentration in it if you are pregnant...but i've also just waited 4 hours w/out going to the bathroom and picked up a positive on an HPT before w/out using first morning.  I also don't drink a lot of water (i should lol) but anyhow! Good luck to you! =)
Hi Maggie,
I am due on the 25th too.  I am praying so hard it does not come.
Good luck to you,
Diane
Hi Maggie,
I didn't experience implantation bleeding, but I did wait until after my period was due to take a HPT. I know that it's hard to wait, but if you can make it, wait until at least 3 days after you were supposed to get your period. I used First Repsonse and EPT which are supposedly the best tests for early detection. Good luck!!!
Kate
Hi Maggie.  Af was due yesterday for me (never late).  Three days ago I tested clear blue easy and all four(yes, I know!!!lol) had faint blue line.  Tested with others and they were neg.  I'm going crazy.  Tested this morning 8/25 w/another brand - neg :(  Went to Wal-mart for Equate (recommended), am going to test in hour.  If neg, going for serum tommorrow.  Only symps I have are swollen breasts, witchiness, sensitive to odors and unsatisfied cravings. Wish I had a little cramp or some bleeding, but nothing. No one knows what I'm going through except you guys. DH hasn't a clue, thinks I'm Pmsing

Good luck to you Maggie, it does sound like implantation!! :) and Thanks for listening.
Oh yeah, in case I haven't made myself clear, I soooo want to be pregnant!
Thank everyone for your advice.  I really appreciate your support.  Like all of you, this is all that has been on my mind this weekend.  I discuss everything with my husband, however, there is only so much that he can handle listening too (I am sure you guys know what I mean!).  He is a man...that should be all I have to say!  

Anyways, I am bleeding even more today. I am really getting concerned because it is not anything like my AF.  I still have not filled a pad, however, I am bleeding a lot when I go to the bathroom.  I called my DR. today, and they are going to try and fit me in to come it today for a pregnancy test and to see what it going on.  Has anyone experienced this??  When I go to the bathroom, it is a lot of blood that comes out...but not on my pad throughout the day...and it looks like my period.  I guess I should just assume that it is my AF I guess and just stop hoping this month.

Maggie
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.