Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Normal Period During pregnancy

I was curious as to if it is at all possible to have a normal period (with cramps) during pregnancy?
I Have a gene that I ovulate twice a month I imagine u could ovulate get pregnant and ovulate again.  If the second was not fertilized your body could shed some of the lining including clots.  My Mom was an OBGyn nurse for years and the stories she could tell you would amaze you.  Based on my experiences women that have multiples or multiples in their family are more likely to have a period while pregnant.  They usually stop in most cases by 6 months though.
I am so happy to hear similar stories to mine as I was thinking I was going crazy. I have 2 kids already and for the past 2 weeks I had all the pregnancy symptoms even saw some spotting which made me believe more that I am pregnant and was sure to get a positive test. I tested last Sunday which came out negative and got my period which first started as spotting which happened immediately after sex then the next day i got a normal flow. I feel so confused as i want to believe I am but my husband thinks that i am imagining all the symptoms cause I want it so much. I was thinking of doing another test in a weeks time.
Hi, I'm 15 and my boyfriend and I have unprotected sex very often. We had sex  8 times in 4 hours and I'm feeling really sick. I've been throwing up and sleeping a lot. And I've been crying over any little thing lately. Plus I have heartburn. I'm really nervous I could be pregnant. But I started my period 4 days ago and it's as normal as any other. Could I be pregnant?
Hey,
so im just wondering did you end up being pregnant cause im like going through the exact thing you went through
I am 21 yrs old and in aug. i had sex and 9  days later i had what seemed to be a normal period but i was 2 weeks early...and every month since then i have bleed but not when my normal period should be and for only 3 or 4 days..idk if i could be prego but my breast have been sore off and on  weird feeling in my stomach and back pains. Some one please tell me what they think???
I woke up to spotting then later that day I started my period I guess that's what it is. I been tired and ffeling pain in my back eating a lot and getting big. My boyfriend been saying I was pregnant but I don't know if I am both pregnancy test I got from the dollar store came out negative. Could someone help me?
Ok first if you are sexually active with more than one person you should be using condoms and birth control to protect yourself. Also please go to a clinic and get an STD test to protect yourself. Most women do not have what they call a period during pregnancy, however some have bleeding that they call a period everyones body is different. If you are having normal periods every month then you are most likely NOT pregnant. However you are only 17 years of age and need to get smart about protecting yourslef and regular STD checks if you are going to be sexually active with several partners. Trust me i learned the hard way about this. Even if you know the people and have known them for years still get checked!!
I've missed my period for 2 monthz nw,after havin unprotected sex on da 1 oct wid my bf.n my boobz r tender.nw I start bleedn in dec,bt I bleed one n da nxt day it stps.(It carryz on lyk dat)is it possible dat I could b pregnant?plz help..
ok i had my daughter 7 weeks ago... on the 24th of november wich was thanksgiving i had sex with my husband and the condom busted... at that time it was only 5 weeks after i had my daughter... 6 days later i started wat seemed like a normal period... started out light then got heavy... for about a week then stopped... then a day later it started again for only one day but was really light... like just a light pink tint... but im just worried because they say that right after you have a baby it is really easy to get pregnant... what should i think of this?
Hi, I had unprotected sex nov14 (2011) which is the day my period ended. He came twice in me. The next morning I had small amounts of blood in my panties. I didnt know if it was the remaining menstrual bleeding or what but the next day it was completely gone. I also have been have a irregular period Anywho, dec4 2011 I had brown and pink discharge dec5 I spotted light pink. dec6 2011 I had medium bleeding, some like a menstrual cycle but not as heavy....but dec7 to now which is the 14 I have had bleeding like a menstrual cycle. I dont have any early pregnancy symptoms besides abdominal pains and minor cramps. I am 24 yrs old and this would be my first child. My fiance and I have been trying for a year now. What are the chances of me being pregnant? I have had lower back pains since a week after ejaculation, a little advice would be helpful. I want to take a hpt but I dont wanna do it too soon...
hi. me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. i have had alot of signs of pregnancy . i have gone of some foods. feeling sick. put on weight . back ache . my boobs are sore and heavy . im to frightend to do a test , then ive come on my period as i was due on. do you think im pregnant also is having my period normal? please help
Hello everyone,
technically speaking that monthly bleeding you can have while your pregnant is not a period althought it's very like it, but to make things simple let's call it period.

So I got engaged the 27th of August, me and my fianceè had unprotacted sex that night.

In september I got my period a couple of days late but didn't really worry about it. It was shorter than usual and I feelt no cramps or symptoms.

In october I had my period a few days early and again short and painless.

But then two days after my period ended I woke up one night with the most terrible pains.... it lasted all night, no painkiller worked and the pain was so terrible I couldnt even stand.

all month I keept having little cramps feeling nauseated and tired not to mention incredibly emotional.. My period came and went in a couple of days but was incredibly painful.

The beggining of December I went to my doctor for a check up because I was afraid I had low iron levels or thyroid problems...

You can imagine my shock when the blood test came back: I was 15 weeks pregnant!

Looking back there were a few symptoms like a bit of nausea and fatigue but nothing too obvious, my breasts were slightly swollen from november onwards and I'd put on maybe a couple of pounds.

My gynea told me that the monthly bleeding can happen and it's not too rare, she also said that pregnancy symptoms can often be psycological and recent studies show that women who are unaware that they are pregnant can have no symptoms at all!

Anyway I'm glad my baby is healthy and that everything went for the best.

P.s. for all the girls who think they might be pregnant, just go see a doctor and get a blood test, if it comes back negative then your not pregnant and your symptoms can be just due to stress.
Hey my name is Kimberly, I'm 20 and I been experiencing 2 periods n one month. Say for instance i'll come one around the 3rd of November and come on again on the 28 of November which will follow over to the next month, I'm curious about being pregnant..because this has NEVER happen before, I'm also feeling bloated when I'm not. If I was to be pregnant I would be between 11-13 weeks. I'm hoping I am pregnant vs. Something else being wrong...any advice??
okayye so im worried now from readin these comments. Im 17 years old and me and my boyfriendd have been sleepin together for almost a year. & We use no protection at all. We arent tryin to have a baby right now. But ive never got pregnant before. Well anyways my last period was July 31 2011 until August 4 or 5 2011. I always start at the end of the month & go into the next month. But the dayy ii got off me and my boyfriendd slept together. & When it was time for my next period ii missed it. So September 6 2011 i made an appointment but he said ii wasnt pregnant. But we slept together again like 2 days before ii went to the doctor would it show up that quick? after the doctor appiontment ii missed my period for September then in october ii started for like 4 days and it was kinda like a regular period except it wasnt as heavy as it usually is. But ii didnt have a period in November or December & now its Januaryy and ii still havent started. & I have lower back pains headaches always tired but ii dont have mornin sickness my breast are like swollen and kinda sore and there darker then usual. and ii took a test about 3 weeks ago and it was like a positive with a really faint line. & Now its like ii can feel something movin. My friend is pregnant with her 2nd child & she said im pregnant & so is everyone  else. & My stomach is really hard when ii stand up & kinda smushy when ii sit down & ii cant barely suck my stomach  in. Im so worried. should ii go to the doctor or What should ii do.? Please helpp!!
LOL... to all the "Technical women" listen.. I have a 9 year old VERY healthy daughter... you can call it how you wanna but i HAD A FULL PERIOD until I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter, got checked by doctor and nothing was wrong, i'm talkin full pads, clots the WHOLE 9 (tmi) so whatever you want to call it is fine with me but I call it like i see it NOW... i'm 8 weeks pregnant again and guess what JUST HAD A FULL 5 DAY PERIOD... and yes the doc said once again that all is well. EVERY WOMAN is different, we don't know how God made each other and for the record DOCTORS DON'T KNOW IT ALL.. they can be wrong too!! Good luck mommies and future moms......
Someone please last month I got my period 4 only 2days usually last 6 nw this month it came but its lighter and on 3rd day. Been tryn 2get pregnant can I b pregnant and still bleeding?
Polyps & fibroids that can cause long & heavy/painful periods run in my family and for some reason that persuades me that i either could be pregnant still, or that im just not able to conceive..
since when is a period the last clue to know whether or not u are pregnant....i think the last clue would be a pregnancy test and or a doctors appointment. I mean come on. You can say all you want that this can or cannot happen, but i think that throughout history humans have proven that a lot of things are possible. If reading these posts makes some woman confused she should clear up her confusion by doing the smartest thing. Take a pregnancy test. Jeesh. I myself am 13 weeks pregnant and experienced bleeding for the first two months of my pregnancy, right when my period was due. Now whether or not you can call it an actual period is beside the point. I think the point is women reading this want to know if bleeding, similar to a period, can occur.  
Can you tell me if and when you took pregnancy test(s)?
I started bleeding Sunday and its been off and on for the past couple of days but no cramping but my ob wants to do more blood work. I had blood work done Sunday and the doctor said my count was normal. I'm only 5 weeks long but I'm so worried
I'm 16 year old girl an almost two months ago I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend.stupid decision but at the time I didn't seem to care because I was caught up and inlove as I am now:( I was paranoid I could be pregnant but about a week later I got what seemed to be my period but it came about a week or two early it was way lighter that usual and lasted shorter than usual by a couple days. Last time we had sex was three weeks ago and that weeknight started feeling off. I was going to sleep really early. I'm always tired it seems. I've had a horrible appetite.which is not normal for me cause usually love food! It dosent make me vomit but makes me feel like I'm about to. My lower belly has been very round and swollen. N I get bloated sometimes but it usually last a few hours or a day. But it's been like this for a good two weeks now.I've also had a little breasts soreness recently but nothing horrible and I've been constipated:/ not to mention i pee alot now:( I took two pregnancy tests both cane out negative but I font know wether to trust  them, I just have the strongest feeling:( I'm supposed to go with my ex in a few weeks to a pregnancy center but I'm so anxious to know! Oh n I've started feeling like I'm about to get my period but usually after I get symptoms I get it like the next day n still nothing. I don't know:/ what do you guys think? I'm pregnant?
Just wondering if anyone has had this experience...I've been pregnancy symptoms for almost 3 months now, but never tested positive. I've been having late, light && irregular periods except this last month where is was heavier than normal, but they all lated less than 3 days. My grandmother said she had her period every month for 9 months while carrying my mother & never got a positive test result, her belly just kept getting budget & then pregnancy was confirmed by ultrasound. Has this happened to anyone??! I'm worried I might follow in her footsteps & that could leave me with a lack of prenatal care, I don't know what to do!!
This is becoming a debate over terminology.

For good information on possible causes for bleeding during pregnancy, check out the link below:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/bleeding-during-pregnancy

I have heard of women having irregular bleeding/spotting etc during pregnancy; however, it is a misnomer to call this bleeding a "period".

That being said, we tend to call things what we are familiar with - and so it makes sense that people would refer to any bleeding from the vagina as a "period".  

Going back to the original question, I do not know what your concern is.  Have you taken a test or seen a nurse/midwife/doctor?  If you have not confirmed pregnancy, and you are having typical symptoms of menses - regular to heavy bleeding with cramps then it probably is your period.  If you are pregnant and have light bleeding, it could be implantation spotting and nothing to worry about - this typically occurs within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.  Please see your doctor if you are concerned - only you know your body.  Good Luck!!
I took a test 4 days ago. It came up positive even though the second line was slight. I have been having pregnancy symptoms for a week now (nausea, light headness, dizzy, sore breasts, fatigue) However, I got my period today (right on schedule) along with the cramps. My periods are always accompanied by cramps. I am never late. Is it possible I am pregnant? All the symptoms say yes. I was really shocked when my period came. I go to the Dr in a couple days. I just want to know if anyone else had a positive result & still have the period w/cramps. The cramps are what make me think the test was wrong. I guess I will find out in a couple days through a blood test. Does anyone know how accurate a blood test is in pregnancy detection?
Relax. Some people bleed out of there vagina when their pregnant and some people don't, simple as that. Who cares if it's a period or not >.< Jesus.
when you are pregnant you can still get cramps, but i'm pretty sure it's your uterus getting prepared. Still best to consult with your GP though..
well speaking from what happen to myself... you can bleed for 5 days and still be pregnant. whether thats considered a period or not, i dont know and really dont care... its bleeding none the less. and not to be rude or anything, but no one on here, unless they are a doctor can tell you what is wrong... that is what a doctor is for. that is why they have the degree.
I am in the same Exact position, can you tell me if you were or not?  
I have been bleeding for 3 days and my pregnancy tests are still positive. Bad cramps too.
Wow! Interesting! How did you know you were pregnant, being that you had your cycle up to five months?
I'm bleeding and I'm one month pregnant I went to the hospital and the doctor said my urine and blood test shows I'm pregnant but my ultrra sound they were unable to see the baby do u think its because my baby is stil small and is it alright cause I'm bleeding I'm worried I have no stomatch pains
By 1 month pregnant, Im assuming you mean 4 weeks, which would be 2 weeks after conception.  Or do you mean 4 weeks since conception?  It makes a difference because at 4 weeks, they wouldn't expect to see anything.  At 6 weeks, with decent equipment and a good technician, you should see something.  

I can tell you that 30% of women experience bleeding in early pregnancy.  It is not a period.  It is not possible to have your period while pregnant, but some women do have bleeding that they mistake for it.  Most of the time all is fine, but it can be the start of a loss.  Right now all you can do is wait and see. I know how stressful this is, and I'm sorry your going through this. Take care.
I BELIEVE AND SUPPORT YOU, JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T RELATE IT DOESNT MEAN IT ISNT POSSIBLE, GOD IS THE CREATOR AND HE DECIDES WHAT HAPPENS AND WHY, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE DOCTORS AND "PROFESIONALS" SAID SOMEBODY'S GNA DIE AND THEN TEN YEARS LATER THE PERSON IS STILL ALIVE TO TELL THE TAIL ABOUT THE 'INCORRECT ASSUMPTION.

ppl nt need to be up on here crushing true life testimonies, I mean cant you ppl see this lady just said she's known THREE people that had healthy pregnencies and babies while on their periods....

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO BE IF YOU UNCERTAIN ABOUT SOMETHING, its all a miture of uncertain potentially damaging advice from some people who are plain insesitive and nieve.
It actually could be an actual period, according to my OBGYN. It's happening to me right now. I'm in my third month and every month I shed the lining of my uterus that isn't  being used by the baby. It's very confusing but happens. I'm a heavy bleeder, but these periods have been very light since its not shedding the whole lining.
idk if anyone can help me but I took 3 pregnancy test an they all came up with a dark line and a faint one each time which I would believe means positive but now I'm bleeding as if it was my period. could I still be prego? or was all 3 test false. please help
hello.  I have several questions for you if you don't mind.  I think I may have conceived in May, not sure I'm pregnant.   June period 1 week and a half late.  Full period lasting 7 days.  It was different in that I usually have a break around the fourth day where I will only spot lightly, and then a day with no spotting and then another day of light spotting and then its all over.  
Well my period in June did not have that break I bled heavily up until the 7th day where I spotted only. About two weeks after I think I conceived in May I had an episode where I woke up and ate some cereal and gagged immediately after completing the meal.  However I did not throw up.  My second period now in July is similar to that of my first period except that its not late. Todays is the fifth day and although I am not having heavy bleeding its still more than it would usually be prior to believing I had conceived.  I have only taken on test which came back negative.  I am confused and worried.  This would be my first conception, but I also had a dream prior to my first period when a strange man told me that my baby was going to gush from my body in four days.  I had my period maybe four or five days later.  I did not really pay attention to the date of the dream.  My body has changed in that I am usually cold and now I am hot all the time.  My nose seems a little wider to me, I have not mentioned to anyone else, my husband thinks I am obsessing about being pregnant so he does not believe what I am telling him.  Also the linea negra (that I have always had) has a curve in it at the top on my stomach.  I have never noticed it to have a curve before.  I am quite familiar with my body.  How can I find out if I am pregnant?
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for four days, this is my second pregnancy and I had no bleeding durring the first, on the first day it was like a consistant spotting and I was out of town, it got worse the second day and I went to the er. They saw a heartbeat and said my left ovary was a little inflamed, it is still getting worse everyday like a heavy period and I am now having bad cramps and clotting. I don't have insurance yet and my first apt isn't till the 12th. Also I have lost my I'd so they will not see me last minute without it before filing medicaid. Research shows miscarriage percentage is low and bleeding happens often? I'm not sure what to do.
I don't want to scare you you could be going through something totally different but I was 18 weeks pregnant and had that big ball of blood your talking about come out I went straight to the emergency room come to find out that ball of blood was a membrane and my cervix had ripped... I had been rushed by ambulance to a better hospital they said they could stitch the cervix back in place but the doc came in and said without the membrane it wouldn't work and because I was taken to a catholic hospital they wouldn't do a DNC I delivered a 6 oz lost baby I also had a one year old already so they don't know why it happened in the first place I hope you have already heard better news from a professional...I hope no one ever has to go through that
Sorry I have been reading your comments and I would just like to say you can have a period during pregnancy as me and my mum suffer from heavy periods and had a period all the way through pregnancy we both got checked out and everything was fine so yes you can have a period well pregnant every women body is different
Thank you chloeebabycakes.
i had sex on November 26th.
and My period did start in December (a couple days late) and it was 4 days instead of the normal 6-7 and it wasn't as heavy as usual. (i also didn't get cramping or sore breasts the whole time)

my next period is 10-13 days away and my nipples are extremely sore, and I am getting slight cramping.
can anyone assure me i am not pregnant?

My period was a week late in Oct, I got it and have been getting every month now...  I have felt sick a few times but just thought the flu.. but like 8 or so times in the past 2 weeks I have felt a flutter like feeling in my stomach...
i HAVE 6 KIDS....4 sons and two daughters....and i had normal menstrual bleeding throughout my pregnancy...at first, i did freak out as this is not normal and maybe iam having a miscarriage...but No! i was actually in real pregs and also had my menses while being pregs.....I dont know about science here but my experience and especially having 6 kids speaks for itself ..that it is possible to have period while being pregnant through out those nine months....
You don't have a clue about recent knowledge.  Some Women "DO" and YES they Do have NORMAL PERIODS during their pregnancies, some even have regular periods during the whole 9 months.  

Now most doctors are learning this as well and even child development courses are teaching this knowledge.  These women don't ovulate but they still get the menstrual blood.

it was the old understanding that women cannot have a normal cycle when they are pregnant.

That is why in old days many women would lose their babies because they never knew they are pregnant by seeing themselves menstruating and then they would have a miscarriage because they never took care of themselves

the best way is to just get tested for pregnancy, either way:  whether or not someone wants to be pregnant!
So I have this long distance relationship and the last time we met, 4-5 months ago, we had unprotected sex but I took a Morning after pill the same day just an hour or so afterwards. Either way, I got my period just a few days after that and it keeps coming back on schedule. The problem is just that my stomach is kinda swollen and just feels odd lately, and I keep worrying that I'm pregnant and that's why. I don't know though, I've always had a bit of a tummy so I might just be paranoid. Please help.
"my
period is 3days late i had
unprotected sex with my bf
2months before and i saw my
period last month but now my
period is late. am i pregnant"
Same with me im 3days later with my periods is it im pregnant
Last month I had every symptom on the list. I swore I was pregnant. I just "knew it" . I did everything right from doing "the deed" every 2 days during entire fertile period and on the actual ovulation day and a couple days after.
I counted the days and from all my research, on the exact day I should have felt implantation pain, I had an extremely intense pain in my ovary that made my husband come running when i yelped really loud and started to cry. After he rubbed it, it went away then I was fine. Everything seemed by the book right on schedule.
But then... my "period" started. It started 2 days early, which was a little wierd for me bc it always started on the exact same day every single month like clockwork ( which could have been a coincidence since not every month has the same amount of days. ) Other than that, it lasted its normal 5 days, normal flow ect.
I was baffled, I could have sworm I was preggers even though I wasnt getting a BFP. My hubby wants me to not take a test this month until my period is due so that I dont upset myself or get over anxious about it.
As of now, symptoms arent as intense as they were last month, but I still have nasuea and my sense of smell is hightened.
So, could it be possible to be in my second month even though I had what seemed to be a normal period for the most part? How uncommon would this be?
Were you pregnant
I so wanted to be pregnant. After 33 days of late period, I had cramps on day 32 and 33 on day 34 i had cramps like period pains and then what seems like my period came for days heavy, it was light on day one then deep red at day 2-3, i'm currently on day 4 very mild all most like spotting. Before that i was sure i was pregnant altho I had 3 negative test. I was dizzy, nausea, headache, feeling fat, tender breast with discharge, bloating, etc but now after seeing that my period came, with still tender breast, feeling dizzy and headache i'm wondering if i could still be pregnant. Please help....
Did you end up being pregnant? I want to get pregnant too, I've been trying for several years now. My period came 3 days late, on cycle day 31. I've been having a lot of symptoms too or maybe it's just my imagination and my desire to become pregnant makes me paranoid. Let me know what is happening with you.
Did you end up pregnant? ..either of you?
I have period this month but I not feel better I feel likei m pregnant bcz before three month I loss three month baby but now i my period date is 3rd period came correct date but now I m feel same think when I pregnant I have taken pregnancy test also but showing negate its true or false I m pregnant or not plz help me someone
Curious if either of you ended up being pregnant because the same exact thing is happening to me. My husband and I have been ttc for 5 months and I had totally been feeling pregnant. I&#39;m very active and an avid runner but I&#39;ve been very sluggish, bloated, nauseous and mood swings like CRAZY.. Which are all not my norm. I started my period 3 days late (after building hope I was possibly pregnant) and its hands down the worst period ever experienced. Heavy bleeding the first 2 days and lots lots lots of cramping (to the point of heating pads--also not my norm) but now it&#39;s way light and the nausea all came back.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.