Unsure whether to take pregnancy test

Hi--I have been concerned for the past few days that I may be pregnant. I have been having weird little pains in my pelvic area (not quite cramps--more like pain when bladder is full or when I push down on my uterus) the past week or so, but ignored them until my breasts started getting sore/tender (VERY sore and heavy for 4 days now). The last time I had sex was 12 days ago, which was protected (with a condom) AND I have a mirena IUD in place. I had sex a number of times in the weeks before that, too, but always with condom and IUD.

Although it seems unlikely to me that I am pregnant under these circumstances, I am still kind of freaking out. I have my period completely randomly 2-3 times a year thanks to the Mirena, so I can't tell whether my sore boobs and stomach cramps are just a phantom or impending period (while sore boobs are common PMS for me, this time it feels more intense/more prolonged; the cramps feel weirder/different than usual too). Moreover, I don't know when would be my "missed" period (my last period was 6 months ago), so I don't really know when to test. I want to test to make sure, but without a period, I don't know if it's too soon. Does anyone know if it is too soon/when I can be sure a negative test is conclusive?

Thanks so much.
I honestly would be shocked if you were pregnant with two forms of birth control in place.  I'd take a negative as conclusive hon.  Really.