Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

is a blood test needed, urine test accuracy?

hello board,

i have a dilemma and i'm a very worry wart type of person.  i had sex where the condom broke back in november.  november 9th, 2013, two hours after said incident i took plan b.  my period, though early and taking a few extra days to break into a full blown bleed for about 4 to 5 days occurred around late november.

i was expected to get my next period on christmas day.  i know plan b can throw off your cycle but i'm coming on on two weeks late.  how accurate are urine at home pregnancy tests at this point? i have taken one every week since december.  i know i bled back in november but i didn't know if that was just a bleed caused by plan b or my actual period.

i was wondering if a blood pregnancy test is really needed since i have tried first response and numerous other brands of pregnancy tests, first morning urine, some midday urine, it's now been 8 weeks since the sexual encounter happened, i'm saying i'm not pregnant but i'm literally scaring myself to death here with my period now being two full weeks late.

any help would be appreciated, do you think a blood test is really needed or do i just wait it out? is a urine at home test accuracy to be trusted.  i have literally tested negative about 6 to 8 times. (please don't judge, i'm just so alone and so scared, i cannot have a baby right now)

thank you.
First of all, don't stress about it because stressing will cause a delay in your period. Stress releases a hormone that messes up our other hormones so it causes a delayed period which makes you worry more. DONT STRESS! Secondly, since you took the Plan B pill within the 72 hours of the incident, and yes I agree with you that it does mess with your cycle, I wouldn't worry about being pregnant, especially since you have taken 6-8 pregnancy tests. Your period is probably delayed because you're stressing so much about it. DON'T STRESS!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.