unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?

ktl
Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your period might be skipping because you are working out so hard and stressing out. Maybe when the competition is over, work out lightly, take it easy and keep eating healthy diet. Try not to stress. If this does not help or did not come in few weeks or a month after the competition, might want to try the doctor just to be safe. Hope it goes well with your competition.
Helpful - 0
Sounds like you might have endometrosis or pcos (polycystic ovary syndrome) I have both. I have experienced missing periods. getting lower back stabbing pain a week before my period comes. Thought I was pregnant but came up negative. Talk to your doctor about testing your hormones, if its high, its positive for the pcos, it is treatable if you take the antidiatbets medication to shrink the small cysts and make them go away. the back pain will be gone but will have to keep up with the diet and exercise. As women get older, our bodies change alot, we have to keep up with our body otherwise it will be out of control. Talk to you doctor soon as possible to test for pcos, glucose, anything else that might be related to it?
Let me know how it comes out?
Helpful - 0
go see the doctor soon as possible, the blister should be treated right away without getting it bigger. and ask the doctor what is it? does this cause you to skip your period? The blister sounds like it might be related to yeast infection, im not sure, my friend had it and treated it right away by oral medication. She was fine after that, she had problems missing her  periods in her past.
Helpful - 0
do you have history of bladder infection? If not, that could be it but check with your doctor. Check for the urine test for pregnancy test, have the blood draw. good luck
Helpful - 0
Now, about me. I dont know if anyone has this same problem as me. I have missed my period for 2 months now. My last day of period was July 9th. The urine test for pregnancy was positive once. Got the blood test, it was negative. Went to ob specialist, the urine test was neg, the blood test was neg. I was experience cramping, not hungry hungry, I felt some movement. Still no period for a whole month, went back to my doctor, we did some test on hormone levels and glucose. I am not obese but im slightly overweight and need to lose 50 lbs. am working on that right now. But the hormone test came back positive, I have pcos Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, the biggest cyst on my right is 1.26cm. They dont know how many cysts i have on my right side as i normally feel sharp pain but my left ovary is fine. Doctor put me on prescription of provera for 10 days. The last day was friday and my period never came. I am worried and today im experiencing tight cramping ever, i could barely walk, no period. Anyone have experience this problem before and have gotten better, please send me a message of what to do or what happened? I am planning to see my doctor tomorrow if my period never arrives as I am worried and stressed out from school. I have been practicing breathing treatment two times a week for 10 days and am relaxed as much as I am. Thank you, please send me a message if you have any questions. I never had kids but most my of friends have kids and have experienced with them. One of my best friend is trying to get pregnant. I am praying for her to get a baby she wants before she is 30 due to back problems as she was growng up. Take care.
Helpful - 0
oh forgot my glucose is a healthy 92 as my doctor was shocked as my weight, i think it has to do with muscles. I used to play tennis straight 4 years and was able to keep up with working out. i weighed 150 lbs at that time when i graduated from high school, i was very slim and musclar. but stopped working out about 5 years ago. I didnt know that i have pcos that would make me gain weight. Doctor thinks I had pcos for a while, it got this big. my left ovary volume is almost a 6 and my right ovary volume is a 14. There is a difference that concerned my doctor and trying everything to get it treated right away. im currently taking antidiabetes to shrink the pcos. might be a while and have always been on a healthy diet. the problem is working out as i dont have the time. Need to make it more effort for my sake.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.