unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?

Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
hi im in the same boat as everyone else but there are more questions than answers, please people who posted a while ago if you may give us the results so we can understand what is going on would be wonderful thanks!
.
.
..
test4
I don't care if the forum staff reads this or not! I am asking the fellow women (and men) to maybe help me out with this!
I had a missed miscarraige back in Sept. at 12 weeks pregnant. My husband and I have been trying to concieve since with no avail. :(I have had regular periods since I was 14 years old. Even after my miscarraige. Here I am 3 days late, feel pregnant and have still not seen an inkling of a sign that my period is on it's way. I have taken 4 tests and they're all negative. I'm not stressed. Has anyone out there been pregnant and had false negatives? I'm looking for a light at the end of this tunnel. Anyone have any suggestions?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.