unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?

Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
Hey !!! i have a small question to post.

My girl has missed her periods by 12 days. i am excited and she is tensed. Is she carrying? is she pregnant? can any one answer this for me? She does have butterflies in her stomach yet not having her cycles or no bleeding as in the regular menstural cycle?

HI,
My name is Stephanie and i am 23. Just a question i have and tell me what you think. I have my a regular cycle.... i am now 3 days late. I have had mild cramping 1 week before i was due, and i feel i was due to have my period anytime, but has yet not to come. I also get headaches and feeling dizzy. I took a test last night came back negative with a realy fine fine fine, i mean really fine line on the other side. Barely see it, maybe i was just looking for one. I dont know!!! This morning i took one again and came back negative. I dont know what to think? PLease help me what should i do and what are my chances?
Hi.  Am turning 43 next month and having been trying for a baby for more than 3 years but no success.  Have been posted to the Middle East and decided to try my luck again.  Took Clomid for more than 4 months, with injections to stimulate ovulation and follicle built-up.  Even tried AI.  No luck!  Had my tubes tested last month and it was found that the left one was completely blocked ..... and that was my best ovary!  However, am 2 weeks overdue .... and I am never late!.  Took 2x HPT which were negative and followed up with blood test ... still negative.  Do not feel signs of monthly starting but feel very tired and irritable and my breasts are sore.  Dr sent me for blood test & results showed LH 6.37 and FSH 6.11 (think latter may be in that I have been taking follicle supplements).  Dr stated that this combination even excluded invitro and sent me off with a sympatheic pat on the back! I wondered if I had perimenopause but don't show the symptons.  Help!
hello! Just wanted to know has anyone else had a missed period that : normally works like clockwork, home test were negative, has sever headaches, always hungry, some light pain in lower back, stomach and legs. I really feel pregnant. Is is possible the home test are not that reliable? Please help and thanx for reading!
How many days late are you?  If you are, it may still be too early for the HCG level to get detected in a HPT.  Have you thought about getting blood work done?

Some women don't show that they are pregnant in a HPT till they are many weeks far into the pregnancy.  However, try not to stress about it too much (even though I know its difficult) because our minds have a way of playing tricks on us.

I wanted to be pregnant so badly about 5 months ago and had all the symptoms, I didn't even get my AF which is always on time.  Went for blood work and all and thats when I got the definite answer that I wasn't.  The next day AF came along and I was about 9 days late.

Hang in there and the best way to find out is to go to the doctor and check!

Keep me posted!
Hope this helps.

Norma
i having the same problem only, Ive never been late. but i have recently got off the patch, it's been five wks, and i had sex 2 days before i started having some bleeding but the bleeding lasted 1day. I've never been late and Ive never had a period for 1 day even before i started taking the patch.Could i be pregnant, and when can i take a test, I can't wait to see if my period will come.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.