unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?

Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
I am also wondering where my period is. I am 27, it is usually right on 28-29 day mark and now I am on day 33, almost one week late. I feel all the symptoms or that it may come on any second. Light cramping, also soreness everywhere. I have taken a few home tests and they are all negative so i will get a blood test this week if I still have no bleeding. I wonder how accurate the home tests are, I drink a lot of fluids and wonder if i dilluted the urine so the hormone isn't showing up on the test if I am indeed positive/pregnant.
My period is 2 months late 5 days after a miss period I took a hpt that was negative.Then i went and had a blood test taken it was also negative So now it has been 2 missed cycles and Iam schedule for a nother blood test Iam actively try to have a baby so now Iam a fraid thant if this 2nd blood test is negative that my dr. will give me somthing to start my period and there for abort my baby. I will write again for all concerned
I know that it is difficult but please try not to stress about it too much.  You doctor will not give you something that will abort your baby.

You may suggest that since you haven't had your period for 2 cycles to ask your doctor to do an ultrasound. But if you took a blood test recently and it came out negative then you defintely are not pregnant.
You just might not be ovulating the way you should.  Have you been using any birth control that may still be in your system?

If you are not ovualting then your doctor would give you something to help you regulate your system, not to harm you.

Hope this helps.
Keep me posted.
Norma
I need some advice because I
Hi all,
I have a unique situation.. at least I thought I did till I logged on to this page... I had my last period from Jan. 14 thru the 16th 2004... and unusually light one... and since then I have not had one.. TODAY IS APRIL 13th 2004. I am not on birth control, and have not been having unprotected sex. I have taken 2 urine pregnancy tests, both negative. i really have no clue what to do. I am a college student, and I do not have medical coverage outside of the health center on my campus... however, they are good for nothing there, and have not been able to give me any answers. I am totally open to any information that can be offered, or any suggestions as to what I should do... I don't feel pregnant, but I am worried what else could be going on. email me at liz_ripepi***@**** please please please!

I am 23 years old and trying to ttc for a 3 months now with no luck. My periods or irregular but I usually have it every month.. but in July it didn't come at all and I had no pms symptoms or anything cause I usually do with the cramps and all.. So I took a three hpt and all were negative. Then on August 1st I has some light pinkish discharge so I assumed I was going to start. It went from pink to light red then brown and it only lasted for 2 and half days and my periods are always heavy and last anywhere from 5-7 days. So 2 days after the bleeding stopped, I took another hpt and this one also came out neg. I've been tired, nauseous and frequent urination. What the heck is wrong with my body? I wanted to go to the doctor and have me and my fiance checked out to see if we are healthy enough to concieve but I don't have any health insurance. Is anyone in the same boat as me? Tell me there's hope!

Thanks.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.