unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?

Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
HI...IM TIFFANY AND I HAVE BEEN TTC FOR A MONTH NOW...ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE HAD SEX EVERYDAY AFTER MY PERIOD...I DID AN ONLINE OVULATION TEST AND IT SHOWED I SHOULD OVULATE AROUND THE 23 OF JULY....IT IS NOW AUG. 11 AND I HAVE TAKEN SO MANY PREG TESTS..ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF AGO I STOPPED TAKING PREGANY TESTS...I AM SCARED TO TAKE ANOTHER ONE...I DONT WANT TO FIND A NEGATIVE SIGN ON IT....I HAVE HAD TWO MISCARRIAGES AND THOSE PREGANCIES I WASNT EVEN TRYING....OH AND IF ITS ANY HELP I WAS SUPPOSED TO START MY PERIOD ON THE 8TH OF AUG...AGAIN IT IS NOW AUG. 11TH AND NO PERIOD...JUST MILD CRAMPING...PLEASE HELP ME...WILL HAVING SEX EVERY OTHER DAY SOMETIMES EVERYDAY INCREASE MY CHANCES OF GETTING PREGNANT..PLEASE HELP
I am 24 years old and I have one son and my husband and myself decided to have another child . So it's has been 2 months and no period and pregnancy test negative? i am to have a blood test on Friday. any advise from anybody else on what to do?
Hi i'm 24 i'm 14 days late today i've never had a late period so this is unusual for me i've taken 3 test all came back neg. I've been to the doc's he told me to leave it until the end of this week and try it again i'm scared to incase it comes back neg again. I asked for a blood test he told me to wait at least 2 weeks but i can't wait that long. I've had no signs that i'm pregnant except a slight pain in my lower back at night always round about bed time and i would normally get pains a week before my period is coming and i've had none of those signs! Has anyone ever experienced this or have any advice for me?
I have been late in the past but alwas had pms so I was not suprus. when my period came but I would push for a blood test it your dr. won't another will. Are you trying?
Hi I am really worried because I am on day 42 of my cycle and I still have no period.  My husband and I were planning on starting next month TTC so this month we only had protected sex (and not very much of it at all) so I find it hardly unlikely that I am pregnant....but then where is my period?  I have done several things this month that would make it veyr unhealthy for me to be pregnant right now...but could they also be causes for my missed period?  I went to a party where I had four vodka shots and I have been drinking wine with dinner almost every night...things I was planing to not do at all starting next month.  I also competed in a Tough guy competition which involves climbing obstacles, swiming in disgusting muddy water and flinging myself over things.  I also donated bloodon day 15...woudl this cause me not to ovulate???  Any answers are much appreciated...thank you.

Stressed K
Oh sorry I forgot to add that I did do a home pregnancy test and it came back negative.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.