Pregnancy: April 2012 Babies Community
89 Members

Diabetes

So ladies, I passed my glucose fasting. My midwife said there is no need to go to the gest. Diabetes clinic anymore. Rather than just cancel I went to my appointment anyway to say thanks for their help, could I keep in touch etc. and it was as if the nurse was mad at me for passing the test. She scrutinised my blood sugar readings for the last month and because she found three that were ever so slightly about the required ranges ( like by 0.1) she said I had to come back in two weeks and refered me to the doctor (who I have never had to see before) because these three elevated readings raised a red flag. My DH says I should just go but it is so stressful and I really think she was just being picky. What would you do, go with your midwife or the nurse??
Im my opinion if your midwife didnt get the red flag by the results being slightly over i would listem to her.... She has more of an idea of how you are developing that the nurse at the clinic would
And i wouldnt go see a dr in the last stages of my pregnancy whom i havent seen before each dr will have their own opinion but your midwife knows what you have been going thru
I saw the same midwife for my last pregnancy too, she is great and I really trust her. The dietician I saw at the clinic was great , she was pleased I passed the test and said to keep doing what I was doing and get in touch if I needed too. The thing is the 3 readings the nurse found they had seen before  at the clinic and because they were one off incidents with no repeat pattern they hadn't been concerned previously. It was like she was just being a ***** about it because the labs came back clear with no signs of GD.
I think i'll call my midwife and talk it through with her.
COMMUNITY LEADER
ABSOLUTELY call and talk it through with her....
COMMUNITY LEADER
BTW don't let her get to you....Maybe she needs some booty:) lol
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.