Pregnancy: April 2015 Babies Community
792 Members

Baby shopping

I am 17 weeks as of tomorrow.  I am curious if any others who are around my due date have started baby shopping yet? We haven't, we thought of waiting until after Christmas ....
I've bought ao much stuff. Due April 17th. Got the crib...changing table....bassinet...car seat and stroller. Oh and we bought some onesies lol love shopping for the little guy
I am also due April 17th. I ordered the furniture on Tuesday.  I have a lot of other things (carseat, stroller etc) because this is my second child.  I will probably start getting clothes soon. A lot of the rest I will wait for the baby shower to see what we get.
I usually wait till 3rd trimester to do the shopping, but that's just me.
Im due April 11th and am superstitious. I come from old school dominican family, it's supposedly bad luck to purchase crib, furniture, stroller before your 6 months or so. I haven't bought or registered yet I plan on doing that stuff in January after holidays. But everyone's different. I'm not in any kind of rush.
I hate hearing about superstitions about how if I somehow buy something I'll lose My baby. It makes mongrel horrible and worried.
Me feel horrible***
i get induced on april 15 so hopfuly the next day ill have a lil baby
I bought a couple of things, I am 18 weeks, nothing big yet. Daddy wants to wait til after baby shower....while I am the size of a whale lol
I literally can't stop myself from shopping!! It's my first baby though so maybe that's why. I'm big into finding good deals as well so I go on Facebook swap pages and second hand stores. No need to spend a fortune when you can get gently used things for half the original price or better! :)
I'm due April 15th I haven't purchased anything and will not until much later in the pregnancy.
Im due April 15th my first with a baby girl!! i have.moreee than enough size nee born some 0-3 head bands like crazy tons of blankets socks, 5 bottles so far a box of wipes diapers likr 5 pacifiers. Lotions and wash hygeine items. A bouncy seat a seat with mesh canopy for likr outside. Im getting a car seat stroller travel set as a baby shower gift. Im buying a play pen with bassinet soon, a couple other furniture items and them im dond till baby shower besidrs odds and ends things and more 0/3 mon. IF i was due today id already have enough to get by for a bit with what iv got now
Me and my husband planned this baby and i work retail so i have been picking up stuff since before i was pregnant. Lol i love buying baby things.but i only get stuff that is super cheap on clearance or really good buy.i have slowed down on it though until i find out what I'm having so i don't buy a bunch of stuff i won't use.but honestly if it's 70 percent off I'm going to buy it there is slot of people having baby's someone will have what i don't so i don't feel it's a big waste of money.but with holidays I'm having to cut back cause i have holiday shopping to do plus after the holidays so much will go on clearance and i will know what color to buy.i would say if you find something you love and you can afford to buy it do it but i would highly suggest getting big purchases after December cause retail store change alot after holidays and baby section goes clearance and gets alot of new stuff in spring. You can save a ton.
Im 18 weeks and have not started shopping at all yet either. I wanted to wait to find out if it's a boy or girl and just found out boy on Thursday. I have a lot of family on my side and my husbands side so if I do buy anything soon it will probably just be clothes becauseo want to wait until after the baby shower.