gaining too much weight!

I am 33 weeks pregnant and at my prenatal appointment this past Wednesday my doctor said I have gained 9 pounds in 2 weeks. The nurse looked at me like what am I doing? In reality I am not doing anything differently. I drink lots of water and eat regularly.  I felt so depressed when i saw I gained so much weight in 2 weeks. I've gained a total of 33 pounds and I have 7 weeks left.  My feet are swollen and i feel this baby will be gigantic.  My doctor measured my BP and was normal and also measured my belly which was right on track. Should I worry?  I'm freaking out here!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dont worry about it. Just watch what you eat and as long as youre being healthy and getting all the nutrients you need and not filling up on junk/fast food id say its just your body doin its thing. Im 35 weeks and gained 25 lbs and in the beginning I think there were a couple times I gained like 7 lbs between visits aha
Helpful - 0
*diabetes
Helpful - 0
I've gained 9 in 3 weeks over the holidays. It was really all the delicious food that was around me. As long as your measuring on track and don't have gbs, I wouldnt worry .
Helpful - 0
Thanks all for the great advice.  Before I got pregnant I weighed 124 pounds. I lost 20 pounds before I got pregnant. I'm just afraid of gaining more weight throughout the rest of my pregnancy.  
Helpful - 0
Iv gained that much this pregnancy 30-33 lbs. If your small before pregnancy and it's your first Dr will say something.swelling also attributes  to the weight gain. With my daughter I weighted 125 and gained 50lbs and had swelling. I was eating a lot of food with sodium. I really did t try to lose weight. With my son 5 yr later I had lost some weight and gained a total of 70lbs that was 60% water retention. After baby was out and the water I retained made it way out I went back to my prepregnacy weight with him of 170. I was watching my salt jk take but the way baby was in there blocked my circulation from my hips down. From hips down I has the worst swelling possible Dr was constantly worried. This is #3 and have no swelling  to very minimal. Iv gained the appropriate weight amount it fluctuate a 1 lb or 2. You should be fine. I weighted  175 before this pregnancy and I'm 5.3 but we're all built differnt I could wear size med. Shirts and wore pant lrg  to xlrg. I was able to wear all my clothes comfortably  till late 2nd trimester which now I wear lrg to xlrg  shirts pants about the same. So don't worry it just maybe cause you started small. Okay sorry so long but talking from a bigger size and on the 3rd baby I wanna give as much examples so you don't feel too worried.
Helpful - 0
I wouldn't I gained 7 lbs in 3 weeks they told they pretty much told me same as eat right exercise(walk) as much as I can i already do that so I'ma just do what I'm doing and worry about losing the weight after baby. That's the reason the doctor told me they worry about Ur weight the more u gain the harder it can be to lose it but if Ur committed to losing it i dought it'll be hard
Helpful - 0
I'm the same. I'm 36 weeks and so heavy! I walk past shop Windows see my self and cringe at what I look like. I've put on about 40lbs! :-( But at least it's temporary, once baby is here we can start losing it. Just Keep looking to the future!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: April 2015 Babies Community