Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy: Aug 2013 Babies Community
217 Members

weight gain

Im going on 27 weeks and Ive only gained 10 lbs thus far. Shouldnt I be gaining more?
5 Responses
4654179 tn?1382646814
Your body will gain what it needs. I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and I've only gained 13 pounds thus far. My doctor always said for me 20-30 pounds was ideal during pregnancy. Anything after can cause complications and/or be tougher to loose after baby. Also a lot of my mommy friends said they gained most of their weight their last month of pregnancy when baby goes faster.
5398555 tn?1367378579
Im 32 weeks and Ive only gained 11lbs so far...
Just remember every pregnancy is different. Some gain less or more than others. I wouldn't worry however if your really concern consult with your doctor. I've gained 20 lbs and I'm 27 Weeks, 3 days and she said I'm fine. Anything between 30- 40 is good
4591205 tn?1410608774
im 23 weeks and gained 11 lbs my doctor said that's normal. if ur concerned ask your doctor if he/she isn't worried then you shouldnt be either
Im 27wks on sat and have gained 10lbs but rhe midwife is happy with my progress as I measure to my weeks  
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.