I'm in the same boat. Currently 39w3d and refusing induction until 42 wks but only because my midwife said she wont let me go beyond. Have 2 appointments scheduled for next week so hopefully she comes on her own before then.
I personally just try to rest as much as possible knowing that I wont get that time back and I'll be getting a lot less rest when baby is here!
Yea, the birth center I'm with won't let anyone deliver there after 42 weeks... not sure how long the collaborating physician will let me go beyond that! I could probably manage unmedicated in the hospital, but if they have to give me pitocin, I'm not as sure! Nothing natural about labor for me or baby with that drug... I'm just praying! :(
Make sure your providers does a non stress test and check fluid levels beyond 40 weeks. Your biggest risk of going post dates is fetal demise.
Pitocin is only bad cause contractions start out strong, basically the opposite of when natural labor begins. But either way I want to avoid it as well!
Biophysical profile and non stress test were done for us at 40+6. Fluid levels were perfect, placenta normal, baby healthy. Another NST scheduled tomorrow at 41+3. Many women would naturally go "past due", but it is no reason to be scared as long as mom and baby are healthy and show no signs of distress.
Reading success stories on inductions with no pain meds... it's helping a bit. I know my body is getting ready, just a little nervous to have less than 5 days to deliver baby the way I'd hoped! My first was 9 days early, so I never imagined we'd be in this situation! :/
I'm 40 + 6 today. They wanted to induce me but I had a stress test done instead. I really want her to come on her own. Everything is fine. I was having contractions that I couldn't feel so hopefully that's a sign I am progressing. I have to go back in 3 days to have another test if nothing has happened and I will probably have to be induced Friday, but then I'll know that I at least tried. I just really wanted to have as little medical intervention as possible. It ***** because I am already on maternity leave so I feel like sitting around waiting is a huuuuuuge waste of time (esp since I'm such a busy body). I wanted to spend every second of my leave with her. Ugh. So annoying.
Wow. Sux is a curse word? Jeeze. These mommy sites are quite conservative.
I hate that they so often want to induce when it's not medically necessary... I'm totally wanting this baby to come when they're ready, but obviously if either of our health is a concern, I'm prepared to do whatever is necessary. It does stink that you're already on leave, but hopefully your baby comes soon. I get my hopes up so much every little sign it seems... had some bloody show on Saturday, mucous for at least a week, 1-2cm dilated and very soft cervix. Lots of Braxton Hicks and a few painful ones and lots of pressure. Feels like everything is ready except regular hard ctx! My emotions can't take it! Blah!
Induction scheduled for 6pm on Friday... hoping if I have to go that route, all we need is a little push to get things started! I'll be 41+6!