HEART BEAT!

I wanted to ask a question.. I'm 10w and  went for my scan on tues doc said heart beat was good at 135 I told her I thought it was to be higher? She said who told u that? Then my husband says she in some group thing on her phone and see other ppl saying there's is higher.. Smh! Lol!!! So I said it's not just that I've googled it also, she said everyone is different but my baby is fine. I'm just nervous bcuz last year I had a miscarriage around this time... Just wanted to know what YALL thoughts were and I being paranoid? I go see the high risk doc on the 10th CUZ I'm 40.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks last year so i am extremely nervous for my next scan. My datung scan i was 5 weeks and 5 days and babys heartbeat was 103 beats/minute so im using that as a positive :)
Helpful - 0
If your Dr says everything is fine then I'm sure it is. He/she will know more about your baby than google or this group. Everyones baby is different, and your Dr gets to see everything google and this group don't. Keep in mind when googling health concerns they are not always accurate and generally make it sound like your dying. Most people in this group are not certified to give any medical advice just opinions and experiences, so you can't rely on that either. Try to relax and not worry. Praying for a healthy baby and pregnancy!
Helpful - 0
I know how you feel! I felt the same way once she said my baby's heart rate was 115bpm. Then I hear that a low heart rate could mean that your having a boy. But the doctor said your baby is healthy! That is the most important thing!
Helpful - 0
At 7 weeks my first  scan first pregnancy  the rate was 140 and my doctor  said it might be a girl higher heart rate  could indicate  a girl and low rates a boy. If the doctor  and ultrasound  tech arent concerned  then you shouldnt worry. Stress isnt good when pregnant
Helpful - 0
THX everyone!!!!  It's just that miscarriage has me petrified bout everything n I can't stand it!! I do Ty not to stress but like YALL said doc will know best!! So imma try n just go with that!  And yes I'm praying for a healthy baby no matter what but wish for boy lol :-)
Helpful - 0
We had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and the heartbeat was 175 then the dr tried to listen for the heartbeat at 10 weeks and couldn't find it (scariest moments ever!) So we had an impromptu ultrasound again and it took a minute to find the baby but FINALLY she did...and the little heart was fluttering away! I've had 2 successful pregnancies but I am 37 this time around and it's been 7 since my last bambino...needless to say I'm alot more nervous this time around and really anticipating getting into the second trimester...it's know healthy pregnancies and babies are never a guarantee...a fact you take for granted in your younger years...so MANY prayers for you and baby and wouldn't mind some prayers this way too!
Helpful - 0
In the UK you don't get a scan till 12weeks I have my first scan on Tuesday and I'm so nervous as I had a missed miscarriage last year which meant my baby stopped growing at 7weeks but didn't miscarry till I was 13 weeks so fingers crossed everything is good this time. Xx
Helpful - 0
I hope all is well with U mumm Idk what I would do if I had to wait that long to see my baby... Good luck!!! I ordered a fetal Doppler today so I can hear my lil once a week n Btwn my scans mayb U shld get U one mayb it will make U feel a lil at ease its on eBay!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Aug 2015 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.