Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

Induction at 39 weeks and positive Group B test

I'm Due August 10th, 3 cm dialated and 75%effaced currently 38 weeks and 4 days but no signs that baby is coming soon. My doc wants to
Induce me at 39 weeks if I show I've dialated to 4 cm  so I'm treated with antibiotics for positive Group B strep. Not sure if I should go ahead with the induction or just wait it out a little longer just concerned about baby if I don't get antibiotics in time so it doesn't pass to the baby.  
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I'm getting induced tonight at 39+1. I also have gbs.... I'm only 1-2cm dilated and 50%effaced but we are going for it!
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I have GBS but not getting induced. My gyn said there normally is time enough (and then some), but there is a backup kind of antibiotics they can give just 1hr before delivery to do it's work. He seemed very confident all would be fine, i just need to come in as normal, when contractions are 3-5 min apart or water breaks.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Aug 2015 Babies Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.