MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

WEIGHT!!!

How much weight has everyone gained so far? I've gained about 30lbs and I'm 17wks. Seems like alot.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I dont eat any more than i did before i got preg. If the doctors dont seem worried, youre good to go. I felt like noone else was gaining weight like me. My friend just had a baby and she gained alot too. But shes already losing it fast. Dr said my baby boy looks healthy. As long as baby is healthy and you dont have any health issues you are fine.
Helpful - 0
Ive gained 30 lbs at 17weeks as well. Went to several doctors and they all said i shouldnt worry and i was healthy. They said i was on the verge of being underweight before i got preg so im fine. I just wonder how hard its gonna be too lose it and if my stretch marks are gonna get alot worse.
Helpful - 0
I am 16 weeks. Lost 6 pounds in my first trimester and and gain 1 pound back. But I'm a thicker girl so I'm not worried about it and my doctor said I'm doing fine with my weight. Said my goal should be to gain between 10 and 25 for the whole pregnancy. My tummy is growing though! Can't button my pants anymore.
Helpful - 0
Lol @lewies yea it seems I'm the only one that's gained a ton already
Helpful - 0
Nearly 17 weeks and gained 10lbs, I do worry aboutwweight gain so this is a reassuring post for me.
Helpful - 0
Im 14 week and have gained 3 pounds. With my first I gained a lot I think it was around 40ish pounds
Helpful - 0
Yeah, I'm on the losing weight side. I have also lost 6 lbs and now 14 weeks and haven't gained anything. I did stop drinking soda all together and less fast food and walk an hr every other day. Per my ob, this is normal and my baby is healthy and measuring well.
Helpful - 0
Haven't gained anything yet although my tummy does look bigger!!
Helpful - 0
Negative 4 lbs. I always lose before I gain so I'm not worried about my last trimester is where I put on weight by breathing lol.
Helpful - 0
I've gained 8 pounds which is think is normal for 14 weeks. My doctor this time around has said 25 - 30 lbs weight gain for the entire pregnancy and we'll keep an eye on it. I gained 69 lbs with my first,  which was excessive, so I hope he does keep me in line.
Helpful - 0
I was the same in the 1st tri I was sick all the time and couldn't eat plus my tooth was always hurting..but I don't really feel sick anymore unless I don't eat for a while. So I have to make sure I always have chips or crackers with me incase I'm away from home for a while. I guess alot of my gaining is because I'm on light bed rest. Can't be doing alot and ob said to stay off my feet. Only other issue is me getting light headed and hot flashes alot more :/
Helpful - 0
17w1d lost 15 gained 6 back so im still down by 9.
Helpful - 0
I'm 16 weeks and I've gained about 9 or 10 lbs.
Helpful - 0
We have the same due date I will be 18 weeks on Saturday. Due August 1st.
Helpful - 0
I've lost about 12 pounds @ 17 weeks. Don't know if I've gained any back yet doctors appointment soon. But I lost bc I can't eat due to extreme nausea. I still have the nausea just not as bad as it was. I would rather gain a couple pounds then be constantly sick.
Helpful - 0
Had about a week off work and ate smaller meals more frequently because it was easier to.. it made a huge difference! Felt so much better. Now it's back to work, and I'm so busy during the day, it's harder to do it. But I was up 6 pounds at 12 weeks. Almost 16 now so we will see when I go back
Helpful - 0
I lost 10 pounds and I've gained back 2.
Helpful - 0
@simplyymee I will try that lol thanks for the tip .
Helpful - 0
I will 18 weeks Saturday and I have only gained 4 pounds.
Helpful - 0
Justin how many lbs is that?
Helpful - 0
16 weeks 152gr
Helpful - 0
@gabriel
Girl...I eat ALOT but I eat small amounts more often. Like Today I've eaten cereal...eggs hashbrowns sausage...2 Hershey bars...A half a bag of powdered donuts...and right now I'm making chicken tacos lol its barely 3 o'clock where I'm at. Try eating smaller meals more often. I'm hungry like every 2hrs.
Helpful - 0
@simplyymee , I am 4 months already and I've only gained 3.6 pounds . For some reason I'm having issues with gaining weight and it could be bc I've always been skinny . Any suggestions on what I can eat to gain weight ?
Helpful - 0
14 wks today and have gained about 9 lbs...in my 2 months i gained like 8 lbs and my dr told me to watch my weight since I'm overweight. I was hungry almost all day long i would eat alot of fruits and drink a lot of water. I'm glad now in my second trimester that's gone because I'm not trying to gain more than 20lbs in my pregnancy
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Aug 2015 Babies Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.